Pesto Eggs are a healthy, savory and high-protein breakfast you MUST add to your rotation. Here's how I make quick and easy eggs on toast with avocado and creamy pesto.
Pesto eggs have been all over the internet lately, and it's no mystery why. This recipe is such an easy way to upgrade your breakfast game.
It has great flavor (yes to garlic and basil any time of day), tons of protein, and satisfying carbs from the toast. If you haven't whipped up quick pesto eggs yet, let this be your sign that the time has come.
How to Make Pesto Eggs the Easy Way
This is a quick one-pan breakfast, as long as you have the pesto ready to go.
Simply cook the eggs right in the pesto in a frying pan (I like nonstick for this). While the eggs do their thing, mash up some avocado and toast your bread.
Then assemble breakfast by spreading each piece of toast with plenty of avocado, topping with a pesto egg and a sprinkle of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes for some heat.
Store-bought or Homemade Pesto?
You can definitely make this with your favorite store-bought pesto sauce. But if you have a little extra time, I recommend making g a quick batch of your own pesto. I have a few great pesto recipes you can choose from, like:
- Easy Vegan Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Everyday Vegan Pesto
- Raw Avocado Pesto (for the true avocado lover)
- Hemp Seed Pesto
- Spring Pesto
- Garlic Scape Pesto
- Lemon Dill Pesto
Yeah, so I guess the secret's out: I love pesto!
Pesto Eggs for a Crowd
This also makes a great big-batch recipe to serve up for brunch with friends. You can easily double or triple the recipe. Just use a larger pan and get frying!
I love serving this to a crowd because it's easy to have everyone's dish come out at the same time so we can all sit down to hot food together.
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Creamy Coconut Steel Cut Oats + Quinoa with Mango
- Energizing Almond Joy Smoothie
- Savory Cornmeal Cakes with Smoked Salmon & Eggs
If you make these Quick Pesto Eggs, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
Quick Pesto Eggs
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 4 pieces of bread
- Heat the pesto in a frying pan. Crack the eggs into the pan on top of the pesto and cook to your desired doneness.
- Mash the avocado and divide it between the slices of bread.
- Serve the eggs over the piece of toast, sprinkle with fresh pepper, salt and a sprinkle of pepper flakes if you want some heat and enjoy!