This healthy ginger quinoa bowl recipe is a flavorful, vegan, and protein-packed dish perfect for a busy weeknight. Ready in just 10 minutes, filled with veggies and tons of flavor!
When you're cold, tired, and don't feel like cooking, what do you do? For me, it's almost always a stir fry (or takeout if I'm being totally honest). What I love about stir-fries is that they're fast, simple, and can pretty much be made with whatever you have in your fridge.
A medley of veggies, some grain, and maybe some protein. Sauteed with some flavorings and dinner is done!
These ginger quinoa bowls are a semi-spin on one of my classic stir fry recipes. We're just amping up the ginger because why the heck not!? Ginger rocks, it's great for your digestion and it actually goes SO well with quinoa!
How to Make Quinoa Stir Fry
I love making quick and easy dinner recipes that only take a few ingredients and only a little time! You can make this ginger quinoa stir fry with any vegetables you have on hand. It is the perfect meal to make when your fridge is full of odds and ends. I love using broccoli, carrots, bell pepper and zucchini but like I said, you can use any vegetables! You can also add crispy tofu, frozen edamame, chickpeas, grilled chicken, sauteed shrimp or even steak.
Ingredients for Our Ginger Quinoa Bowls
I'm all about speediness when it comes to dinner, which is why we've kept things simple and straightforward. This vegan quinoa stir fry will take no more than 10 minutes and uses just a few simple ingredients:
- White Sesame Seeds: they make the perfect topping!
- Toasted Sesame Oil: sesame oil really elevates the taste of asian dishes but feel free to use coconut oil if that is what you have on hand.
- Vegetables: we are using a full cup of broccoli, one carrot, bell pepper and zucchini but these can be swapped for whatever you have on hand!
- Fresh Ginger: Ginger is the star of the show tonight so I reccoment using freshly grated
- Cooked Quinoa: any variety of quinoa will work, I used red quinoa in my recipe
- Brown Rice Vinegar: to give this dish just a bit of tang, we're adding rice vinegar. It sounds strange, but it really makes the flavor pop!
- Tamari: for our salt factor, we're using tamari, but soy sauce will do just fine as well.
- Scallions: and the final thing we add is some thinly sliced scallions!
More Healthy 10- Minute Meals to try:
- Vegetable Quinoa “Fried Rice”
- Spicy Moroccan Quinoa Salad
- Garlic + Herb Mushroom Quinoa
- Mediterranean Tostadas
Gluten-Free Ginger Quinoa Bowl
- 3 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 bell pepper julienned
- 1 small zucchini julienned
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa or any variety
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 1/2 cup scallions sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toast your sesame seeds. Place the seeds in a warm skillet and toss until they begin to brown and are slightly fragrant. Transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add your veggies (minus the scallions), sauteing until they begin to soften, 3 - 5 minutes. Feel free to throw in a dash of water to give the vegetables a little steam, this will speed up the cooking process. Once they are softened, add the grated ginger and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute together for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa to the pan, along with the toasted sesame seeds, brown rice vinegar and tamari. Stir all together to mix the flavors. Just before you're ready to serve, gently fold in your scallions.