10-Minute Vegan Ginger Quinoa Bowl
This healthy ginger quinoa bowl recipe is a flavorful, vegan and protein-packed dish perfect for a busy weeknight. Ready in just 10 minutes, filled with veggies and tons of flavor!
When you're cold, tired and don't feel like cooking, what do you do? For me it's almost always a stir fry (or takeout if I'm being totally honest). What I love about stir-fries is that they're fast, simple and can pretty much be made with whatever you have in your fridge.
A medley of veggies, some grain and maybe some protein. Sauteed with some flavorings and dinner is done!
These ginger quinoa bowls are a semi-spin on one of my classic stir fry recipes. We're just amping up the ginger because why the heck not!? Ginger rocks, it's great for your digestion and it actually goes SO well with quinoa!
This recipe happened on one of our super lazy Saturdays. It was cold, it was rainy, the only things on our to-do list were walking trevi and eating yummy food.
My rainy Saturday to do list:
- Sleep in – check
- Sit on the couch all day with Mr. Henderson – check
- Blog – check
- Cook quinoa – check
Yes, one one of those days where I stayed in PJs until about 4pm. And you know what? It was pretty freaking awesome! I don't allow myself those days very often (can't even remember when the last one was), so it felt amazing to just completely chill out.
When you're feeling lazy one of the last things you want to do is cook something complicated. Am I right!?
I know you get me. It's like just the thought of heading into the kitchen, spending hours on your feet at the stove and making a ginormous mess, is just SO not what you want to be doing.
Well…that's precisely where these ginger quinoa bowls come into play!
I was feeling that exact same way, so rather than going the super duper easy route (hello, takeout), I went into the kitchen and whipped up a nourishing bowl of quinoa and veggies in about 10 minutes. Simplicity at its finest my friends! And when we have meals like this to turn to, we really don't have an excuse for eating poorly!
Before you dive in, let me give you a few ways to make these even more of a hearty meal…add some protein! These ginger quinoa bowls would taste amazing with…
- crispy baked tofu
- frozen edamame
- grilled chicken
- sauteed shrimp
- or even steak!
But since quinoa already has a good amount of protein, a bowl of this is still nourishing, nutrient-dense and filling!
More Healthy 10- Minute Meals to try:
- Vegetable Quinoa “Fried Rice”
- Spicy Moroccan Quinoa Salad
- Garlic + Herb Mushroom Quinoa
- Mediterranean Tostadas
Gluten-Free Ginger Quinoa Bowl
- 3 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 bell pepper julienned
- 1 small zucchini julienned
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked red quinoa or any variety
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- 1/2 cup scallions sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toast your sesame seeds. Place the seeds in a warm skillet and toss until they begin to brown and are slightly fragrant. Transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add your veggies (minus the scallions), sauteing until they begin to soften, 3 - 5 minutes. Feel free to throw in a dash of water to give the vegetables a little steam, this will speed up the cooking process. Once they are softened, add the grated ginger and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute together for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa to the pan, along with the toasted sesame seeds, brown rice vinegar and tamari. Stir all together to mix the flavors. Just before you're ready to serve, gently fold in your scallions.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.