Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that you are having a lovely morning so far, surrounded by your loved ones, enjoying their company. If you’re lucky, you’re looking out your window to a winter wonderland (not for me, but a girl can dream).
To honor favorite holiday, I baked you one of my most favorite treats in the world, pumpkin bread. But this isn’t any old pumpkin bread, this is a Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread. It’s soft and moist with a sweet mapley finish and a hint of warm spices. This bread is comforting, and perfect for Christmas morning.
Warmest of wishes from my family to yours. Happy Holidays!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 3 tablespoons soy-free butter (like Earth Balance), melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the uncovered sides of the pan with non-stick cooking spray, or grease with oil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fit with the paddle attachement, add the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, stevia, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (minus the walnuts) and add the to the stand mixer. Beat until a smooth batter forms. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake in the center of the oven for 50 – 55 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Serve slightly reheated in the toaster oven with your favorite nut butter or buttery spread!
gluten-free | dairy-free | refined sugar-free
NOW AVAILABLE! Baking with Quinoa
Featuring 25 mouthwatering recipes – all free from gluten, dairy & refined sugar – Baking with Quinoa will show you just how easy it is to make healthy & nutritious baked goods.