These healthy quinoa granola bars are a perfect on-the-go snack, made with a blend of almonds and coconut, and naturally sweetened with dates and honey.
Almond + coconut + quinoa. Turns into the best granola bar ever.
And granola bars? They’re only one of my favorite snackity snacks in the world. Not only are they delicious, they’re also super portable. So when I’m walking around doing errands and my tummy starts yelling at me to eat some food, I can pop out a granola bar and munch away.
Happy taste buds. Happy tummy.
I’ve always loved making snacks from scratch. Whether they’re energy bites, homemade trail mix or granola bars, I like knowing that I always have access to healthy snacks at all times. And that I know they’re going to do more than just satisfy my hunger. They’re going to nourish my body in the process.
What I love about this almond + coconut version of quinoa granola bars is that they remind me of my favorite store bought granola bar (anyone else love the Almond + Coconut Kind Bars?), but have a lot more protein and fiber, less fat and no refined sugar.
They're naturally sweetened with a simple blend of dates and honey, which helps keep them nice and sticky, but still makes them sweet and delicious.
And the base of the granola bars is a blend of heart-healthy ingredients like almonds, coconut, oats, quinoa flakes and toasted quinoa (my newest obsession!). You blend that with a little almond butter, pop them in the freezer, then slice and go.
So they’re a tasty treat that also gives you a natural boost in energy and helps truly satisfy your hunger.
If you’re on the go and need a snack, make it these granola bars. You won’t be sorry 😉 They're so yummy!
More Healthy Granola Bar Recipes To Try:
- Apple, Peanut + Honey Quinoa Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter + Jelly Bars
- Superfood Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- Blueberry Acai Granola Bars
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Power Bars
Share this recipe!
- Add the oats, quinoa flakes and toasted quinoa to a large mixing bowl.
- Place almonds and coconut flakes in the bowl of a food processor and pulse 8 - 10 times until broken into pieces. Transfer these to the bowl.
- Return bowl to base and add in dates. Pulse until dates are finely chopped and starting to come together. Add dates to the bowl and stir until the mixture is combined (large chunks are okay!). I find this is easiest done your hands so you can really incorporate the dates throughout the mixture evenly.
- Melt the nut butter and honey together in a small sauce pan. Pour over granola bar mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment. Dump the granola bar mixture into the pan and press it into the corners with your hands. Cover the bars with another layer of parchment and using a pastry roller or glass, roll across the top of the bars with semi-hard pressure until flat and even.
- Place pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Remove and slice into bars.
- For storage, individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Other Granola Bar Recipes:
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!