This creamy Greek yogurt dip is a healthy way to add some extra flavor to your meals and snacks! It’s savory, tangy, and it comes together in a snap.
Some dips are loaded with unhealthy ingredients, and if you’re the type who needs way more than the suggested serving size of 2 tablespoons (yeah, right!), all that dipping can add up fast.
Luckily, this Greek yogurt dip is a healthy alternative to those creamy mayo-based dips they sell at the grocery store. Between the tanginess of the yogurt and the savory seasonings I add, it’s a little reminiscent of ranch, which means you’re going to want to put it on all the things.
Why You’ll Love This Greek Yogurt Dip Recipe
Here’s what makes this Greek yogurt dip a game-changer:
- Healthy. Greek yogurt is packed with protein, which helps you feel full and satisfied longer. It’s also a healthier alternative to mayo and sour cream in dip recipes.
- Versatile. I love pairing this dip with oven-roasted root vegetables, but it’s also great on a crudité platter or simply enjoyed as an afternoon snack with a bag of baby carrots.
- Easy. Just mix all the ingredients together and you’re ready to go! It takes minutes to make, so you can whip up a batch in no time.
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients for Greek yogurt dip. Check out the recipe card below for the exact amounts of each ingredient.
- Greek yogurt – Use coconut or soy yogurt to make a vegan Greek yogurt dip.
- Olive oil – A bit of oil will add some richness and help thin the yogurt, making it even creamier.
- Garlic powder – This adds savory garlic flavor without the bite of raw garlic.
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper – Use more or less, depending on your preferences.
What Is the Difference Between Greek Yogurt and Regular Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is made by straining regular yogurt to remove some of the liquid whey. This gives it a thicker, creamier texture and higher protein content than regular yogurt.
How to Make Greek Yogurt Dip
You’ll be ready to snack in under 5 minutes with this easy recipe!
- Combine. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl.
- Whisk. Whisk everything until the dip is smooth and all of the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Tips for the Best Greek Yogurt Dip
Here are some tips to help you make sure your Greek yogurt dip turns out perfect:
- Season to taste. Once you’ve mixed your Greek yogurt dip, you can taste it and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Let it sit. Although this isn’t a must, if you do have time, let the dip sit in the fridge for an hour to let the flavors meld.
- Make sure your spices are fresh. Garlic powder and onion powder should smell fragrant when you open the bottles. If, instead, they smell stale or musty, it’s time to replace them. Spices will lose their flavor over time.
There are lots of ways to switch up this Greek yogurt dip recipe. Here are a few ideas:
- Add some minced herbs like dill, parsley, or chives.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese for a salty, tangy twist.
- Make a tzatziki-inspired snack by adding lemon juice and mint to the dip, then serving it with cucumbers for dipping.
This Greek yogurt dip isn’t just for veggies! Use it as a sauce for a meal bowl (it would be great with my Meal Prep Quinoa Bowls with Spring Vegetables!), or add a dollop to the top of a White Bean Mushroom Veggie Burger. It’s also great for pairing with chips and crackers—try my Healthy Zucchini Chips or Cheezy Kale & Quinoa Crackers.
How to Store
This dip will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store it in an airtight container and stir it well before serving.
Can I Freeze It?
I don’t recommend freezing this recipe.
Greek Yogurt Dip
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and ground black pepper until smooth.