This Chili Lime Tahini Sauce recipe takes five minutes and uses only six ingredients. It and has a creamy, thick texture and nutty, spicy flavor that's perfect for tacos, salads, bowls and so much more. You're going to love this recipe!
I love a delicious tahini sauce!
If you've been around here for a while, you may have tried some of my Tahini Dressing recipes. Or maybe one of my 50 Best Tahini Recipes, which includes sweets, savory dishes, and appetizers.
This sesame seed paste is a must-have vegan-friendly ingredient with a rich, nutty flavor and creamy texture. For today's recipe, I've kicked up the spice level a bit for this version.
If you love spice, you're going to want to try this chili-lime tahini sauce over everything from tacos to eggs.
How to Make Chili-Lime Tahini Sauce
If you have a whisk, five minutes, and six simple ingredients, you can make this creamy and spicy tahini sauce with ease.
Here's what you'll need:
- Tahini. You can use store-bought or make your own tahini using this recipe!
- Lime. This helps thin out the sauce and adds a boost of refreshing citrus flavor.
- Chili powder. For a kick of heat. Feel free to use more or less, depending on your preference for spice.
- Smoked paprika. For an earthy, smoky flavor.
- Garlic powder. Just a touch adds tons of umami flavor to the tahini sauce.
Ways to Serve Spicy Tahini Dressing
You can serve this creamy, spicy dressing with so many dishes! Here are some of my favorite ways to use this sauce:
- Meal Prep Chipotle Tofu Quinoa Bowls
- Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Cilantro and Lime
- Mango Lime Quinoa Tacos
How to Store Your Sauce
You can store this tahini dressing in an airtight container for up to five days in an airtight container in the fridge. If it thickens up a lot, just whisk in a splash of water to thin it out until it's pourable and smooth.
More Tahini Recipes
- Tahini Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Vegan Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Flourless Pumpkin Tahini Blondies
If you make this Chili Lime Tahini Sauce Recipe, let me know what you think with a comment below!
Chili Lime Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Generous pinch of salt
- Water as needed to thin
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl (minus water) and whisk together.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until you've reached the consistency of a thick salad dressing/crema.
- Enjoy as a dip, as a dressing or drizzled on top of tacos!
4 comments on “Chili Lime Tahini Sauce”
This is amazing!! This will become a staple in my fridge!!
Woohoo!! So glad you liked it 🙂 It’s so good on everything!!
This was so good! I was looking for a southwestern type sauce that i did not have to use the blender for and this was so easy and yummy. I added Cayenne to it for spice and put it on a vegan southwest quinoa salad.
that sounds so good, Christina!! I’m so glad you liked it 🙂