These vegan nutella brownies are a healthy dessert the whole family will love.These brownies are packed with nutrients, while also being sweet and decadent!
We're making fudgy brownies with a twist! Brownies that taste out of this world amazing, but are still healthy, gluten-free, oil-free, dairy-free, egg-free and refined sugar-free.
Remember last week when we whipped up that Superfood Nutella recipe? We chatted in that post about a few ways you could use it, but since you seem to love it so much, I thought I'd give you another idea.
These Healthy Vegan Nutella Brownies are legit. They're super simple to make, are ready in under 30 minutes, use just one bowl and like I said, taste awesome.
They're chocolatey, they're hazelnutty, they're slightly sweet and they definitely have that Nutella-ness coming through!
The primary ingredients are the nutella of course, but also quinoa flour. I love using quinoa flour in recipes like this because it helps make the recipe a bit higher in protein, but it also helps them not be crumbly.
One thing to note about quinoa flour is that it can sometimes have a very strong, almost bitter taste. I've found when I use quinoa flour in recipes that have a strong flavor base (like chocolate or coffee), I can't taste the quinoa, but in more delicately flavored recipes, you might want to consider toasting your quinoa flour.
I have a whole tutorial on the blog about how to toast quinoa flour, and it's super easy, so I definitely recommend giving it a go if the flavor throws you off!
What I think you'll love about the recipe?
They're nice and fudgy
They double as a healthy snack
They're not too sweet
And did I mention they're easy to make?
Yes, also very easy to make!
More Healthy Brownie Recipes!
- Zucchini & Chocolate Chip Flourless Protein Brownies
- Easy Vegan Almond Butter Brownies
- Fudgy Salted Quinoa Brownies
- Vegan Quinoa Flour Tahini Brownies
- Healthy Raspberry Quinoa Brownies
- Peppermint Frosted Chickpea Brownies
Healthy Vegan Nutella Brownies
- 1/4 cup mashed banana about 1/2 or fruit puree of choice
- 3/4 cup superfood vegan nutella
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 3/4 cup toasted quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Maldon sea salt & raw cacao to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Beat together banana and nutella until creamy. Add sugar, flax eggs and vanilla if using, and beat until combined.
- Add to quinoa flour, raw cacao, baking soda and salt wet, mixing until incorporated.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan. Press it into the corners of the pan using wet hands or a pastry roller. Bake on the center rack for 20 – 24 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in pan completely before slicing into squares. (*very important or they'll be crumbly!!*)
- Store in a sealed, airtight container for optimal fudginess.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.