Today my friends, is Day 2 of my special Week of Quinoa Christmas Cookies and I'm thrilled to be sharing this new recipe with you!
It was my mission this year to come up with a recipe that brought me back to my mom's kitchen, when we used to make sweet, buttery sugar cookies around Christmas, but that suited my new food allergies. Surprisingly, these Honey Cut-Out Cookies are a cinch to whip up, which is just what you're looking for this time of year, right? But not to worry, these cookies are also exactly the flavor you're looking for.
They're sweet, but a different kind of sweet than that of traditional sugar cookies. They're the golden-honey coconut kind of sweet. The taste of honey lingers on your tongue and the soft, pillowy texture brings a smile to your face with each bite. The delicate blend of raw honey and coconut flour, truly elevates these cookies to a whole new level. In my opinion, these Honey Cut-Out Cookies are the new kind of sugar cookie and ones I will be making every Christmas.
Other Quinoa Christmas Cookie recipes:
- Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and honey in a stand mixer until fully incorporate. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- In batches, add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough sticks together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Line a flat surface with parchment paper, sprinkle with a little flour. Turn the chilled dough onto the surface and sprinkle the top with a little more flour.
- Roll the dough to ¼” thick and cut out with cookie cutters. Remove the extra dough and transfer the cut cookies onto the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough until you don’t have any left.
- Bake the cookies for 9 – 11 minutes until they’re nicely golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 140kcal Calories from fat 47|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
NOW AVAILABLE! Baking with Quinoa
Featuring 25 mouthwatering recipes – all free from gluten, dairy & refined sugar – Baking with Quinoa will show you just how easy it is to make healthy & nutritious baked goods.