These healthy and Gluten-Free Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies are made with a cashew butter base and topped with homemade raspberry chia seed jam!
Day 2 of cookie week! Are you loving it so far? I don't know about you, but there's honestly nothing I'd rather do that bake batch after batch of cookies during the holiday season!
Yesterday we made our vegan sugar cookies and today we're making a batch of gluten-free raspberry thumbprint cookies! And friends, they're incredible.
We're making them with a soft and chewy cashew butter cookie base and whipping up our own raspberry chia jam for the center. YES!
Think of this cookie base kind of like the classic peanut butter cookie, but using cashew butter. I like using cashew butter because it has a very mellow taste which makes these thumbprint cookies taste like real thumbprint cookies! And it also makes them grain-free. *hooray!*
And they are super duper easy to make. You just have to beat together the cashew butter with a flax egg and some maple syrup, add in your flour, baking soda and salt, roll 'em up into balls and your cookie base is done!
The homemade raspberry chia jam? Equally as simple.
If you've never made chia jam before, get ready because this stuff will knock your socks off. We only need 3 ingredients (plus optional vanilla) and zero refined sugar! That's right, it's time to say goodbye to that insanely sugary filled jam from the supermarket and welcome this high protein, low sugar jam into your life.
Mind-blowing. I promise.
But what I really love about this recipe is that it's customizable for what you like. Sensitive to cashews? Swap out another nut/seed butter. Don't like raspberry? It would be delicious with strawberries, blueberries or even peaches during the summer time!
And of course, you totally make a chocolate ganache for the filling ????
For now, we're sticking with raspberry because it's the perfect compliment to these cookies and makes for one festive holiday treat!
More Holiday Cookies to Try:
- Orange Cardamom Sugar Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Gingerbread Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Spicy Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- Sugar Cookies with Matcha Icing
- Pizzelle Cookies
Gluten-Free Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
for the cookies
- Preaheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Start by baking the jam. Add all the jam ingredients into a small saucepan and stir together. Bring to a low boil and continue to simmer for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 - 20 minutes.
- While the jam is cooling, prepare the cookies. Beat together the cashew butter, flax egg, syrup and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add half the coconut flour, along with the vanilla and baking soda, and mix until combined. Beat in the remaining coconut flour.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into your hands and roll into balls. Place on a baking sheet and repeat until no dough remains. Use your thumb to make an indent in the center of each ball and bake for 9 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Once cooled, add 1 teaspoon of jam into the center of each cookie and serve immediately!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.