A healthy pumpkin cheesecake smoothie recipe that is vegan and high protein! Made with simple ingredients, it honestly tastes like a dessert!
If I could eat dessert for breakfast every single day, I would. 100%. And I feel like most people would agree.
For the days when I'm short on time, am craving something sweet, but also need something easy, this pumpkin cheesecake smoothie is it. And honestly, it doesn't even matter the time of year.
It's creamy, it's flavorful, it's a cinch to make and although it doesn't have greens, it does sneak in some veggies as well!
What You'll Need for this Smoothie
With this pumpkin cheesecake smoothie, we've kicked it up a notch. It's like pumpkin pie and New York style cheesecake came together in a glass. And it's healthy.
Here's what we're using inside:
- Pumpkin puree: fresh or canned works well! And if you can't find it, sweet potato or butternut squash will work!
- Carrots: I've always gotta try to sneak in some veggies to my smoothies, so in order to maintain that gorgeous orange hue I went with carrots!
- Medjool dates: pumpkin on its own is actually not very sweet and since we're not using any fresh or frozen fruit, I decided to add in some dates. They're the perfect complement to the pumpkin!
- Vegan protein powder: I like to add protein to my smoothies to make them more filling and fueling, but this is totally optional!
- Raw cashews: ahhh the secret to our cheesecake! I just blend up some raw cashews directly into the smoothie and they legit add the most amazingly creamy texture!
- Pumpkin pie spice: and what would something pumpkin-flavored be without pumpkin pie spice?! Gotta have that in here for good measure!
And we'll finish things off with some ice and some water to blend!
How to Make Your Pumpkin Smoothie More Filling
Ever feel like you make a smoothie for breakfast and you're hungry an hour later? That means you're not packing in enough nutrition. Here are some easy ways to make your smoothie more filling:
- Protein powder: if you use one scoop still find that you're hungry, try adding another!
- Nuts/seeds: they'll provide healthy fats and protein which is a game-changer for keeping you full. Use any nut or seed you'd like!
- Avocado: avocado is so great because it's not only high in fiber but also healthy fats! It will help your smoothie stay nice and creamy, while also helping it stick to your ribs a bit better.
- Nut butter: again, adding some high quality healthy fats is a super easy way to make your smoothie more filling and dense!
Noticing a trend here? Basically, you want to amp up the protein, healthy fats and/or fiber!
How to Meal Prep Smoothies
The beauty of a smoothie is that it takes about 5 minutes to make in the morning. But if you're super short on time, you can also meal prep them!
Since we aren't adding anything frozen into this smoothie aside from the ice, what I would do is actually just organize all the ingredients together in the fridge. Then in the morning, you can just pop it into the blender and you're on your way!
Now, let me end by leaving you with this: if you've ever tasted pumpkin cheesecake, and you love your morning smoothies, then this pumpkin cheesecake smoothie will be your latest breakfast obsession. Be sure to let me know when you have it!
More Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Pumpkin Granola
- Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cornbread French Toast
Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients in the order listed to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy!
- Optional: drizzle a bit of coconut cream or cashew cream on top and swirl it around