Everyone loves Caesar salad, right?
And it's hard to deny that the best part of this classic dish is the creamy, tangy, and savory dressing.
With this vegan recipe, non-dairy eaters can now enjoy all of the flavors of classic Caesar in a fully plant-based version!
How to Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
All you need is a blender to make this fluffy and creamy dressing. Here's what you need ot make it:
- Tahini. This buttery sesame spread is a delicious nut-free base for creamy vegan dressings.
- Hemp seeds. These blend up beautifully to give the dressing a thicker body and texture.
- Nutritional yeast. The key to subtly cheesy flavor without any dairy.
- Capers. For a pop of briny, salty flavor. If you don't like capers, you could also use dill pickles or green olives.
- Dijon mustard. This is a classic ingredient in Caesar dressing.
- Lemon. For a bright and citrusy flavor.
- Garlic. Fresh garlic can be replaced with garlic powder if you're in a pinch.
How Much Water Do I Need?
When blending this dressing, add as much water as you need to reach a pourable consistency. Start with 1/4 cup. Then you can add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dressing is fluffy, well combined and drizzle-able.
Storing Leftover Dressing
You can store leftover caesar dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. This makes a great option for meal prep. You can assemble a salad and drizzle it with dressing just before serving.
If the dressing thickens up a lot during storage, you can add a splash more water or lemon juice to thin it out a bit.
More Easy Vegan Salad Dressings
- The Best Shallot Dressing Recipe
- Healthy Carrot Slaw with Sesame Dressing
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Herbed Tahini Dressing
If you love this Vegan Caesar Dressing recipe, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- In a blender combine tahini, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, capers, caper juice, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and water to a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth. Add additional water as needed to reach desired consistency (dressing should be pourable but not runny). Taste and season with salt and pepper.