This Vegan Caesar Dressing is the best dairy-free recipe with tahini, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and capers.
Everyone loves Caesar salad, right?
And it's hard to deny that the best part of this classic dish is the creamy, tangy, and savory dressing.
With this vegan recipe, non-dairy eaters can now enjoy all of the flavors of classic Caesar in a fully plant-based version!
How to Make Vegan Caesar Dressing
All you need is a blender to make this fluffy and creamy dressing. Here's what you need ot make it:
- Tahini. This buttery sesame spread is a delicious nut-free base for creamy vegan dressings.
- Hemp seeds. These blend up beautifully to give the dressing a thicker body and texture.
- Nutritional yeast. The key to subtly cheesy flavor without any dairy.
- Capers. For a pop of briny, salty flavor. If you don't like capers, you could also use dill pickles or green olives.
- Dijon mustard. This is a classic ingredient in Caesar dressing.
- Lemon. For a bright and citrusy flavor.
- Garlic. Fresh garlic can be replaced with garlic powder if you're in a pinch.
How Much Water Do I Need?
When blending this dressing, add as much water as you need to reach a pourable consistency. Start with 1/4 cup. Then you can add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dressing is fluffy, well combined and drizzle-able.
Storing Leftover Dressing
You can store leftover caesar dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. This makes a great option for meal prep. You can assemble a salad and drizzle it with dressing just before serving.
If the dressing thickens up a lot during storage, you can add a splash more water or lemon juice to thin it out a bit.
More Easy Vegan Salad Dressings
- The Best Shallot Dressing Recipe
- Healthy Carrot Slaw with Sesame Dressing
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Herbed Tahini Dressing
If you love this Vegan Caesar Dressing recipe, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon caper juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 a lemon
- 2 garlic clove
- ¼ - 1/2 cup water
- Salt + pepper to taste
- In a blender combine tahini, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, capers, caper juice, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and water to a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth. Add additional water as needed to reach desired consistency (dressing should be pourable but not runny). Taste and season with salt and pepper.
7 comments on “Easy Vegan Caesar Dressing Recipe”
This is the most delicious vegan dressing I have ever tasted ~ it is blender licking good! I think it could be left on the thicker side as veggie dip too. SO GOOD!
YES!! It’s legit my fave ever 🙂 sooo good! Love the idea of the dip too!
Hi Alyssa Absolutely love your recipes!! This is one of my favorite cooking blog. Keep up the good work! Much love from INDIA:)
Thank you so much!! xo
I was looking for a tahini salad dressing that had more to offer than the typical tahini lemon dressing. I am glad I found your recipe. I had to make a few changes–I had almost enough hemp seed. I added 1 additional tsp of nutritional yeast, 1 additional tsp of capers, 1 additional tsp of caper juice, and additional water. I didn’t have Dijon mustard so I used 1/4 tsp yellow mustard instead. I used 2 giant garlic cloves which made the dressing too strong to use right away, but I let it sit overnight and that calmed down the garlic. (I really like the inclusion of the hemp seeds, capers, and nutritional yeast. Next time I’ll use Stone Ground Mustard instead of yellow mustard and since I don’t like Dijon mustard.)
Thanks for a tasty dressing!
I’ve made this twice now and it’s so good! My husband is allergic to cashews so finding a good creamy dressing that’s safe for him is a challenge. This is perfect! Thank you so much for the recipe!
I am so glad this was a hit for you both!!