Serve this healthy Coconut Curry Quinoa with your next Indian meal! It's quick, easy, flavorful, uses just 5 ingredients and makes the perfect side dish!
If you love Indian takeout, listen up. This 5-ingredient coconut curry quinoa is going to be your new best friend.
Why? Becuase a) it makes Indian takeout that much healthier, b) it uses just 5 ingredients and takes just 15 minutes to make and c) it tastes deeeelish!
Now Indian food is definitely one of my go-to for takeout. It's quick, tends to have a clean ingredient list and almost always as a vegetarian option. Plus since they're so much variety on the menu, there's usually something for everyone. #winning
But what I don't love is the rice. You get way too much of it, it bulks up the meal without adding anything nutritious and you can tell they often stir in some salt and oil.
So instead… we're going to start replacing that starchy side dish with this. A nutrient- and flavor-packed dish that pairs well with pretty much any type of Indian/Middle Eastern food you could ever want.
I know you guys simply adore these simple, 5-ingredient quinoa recipes, and since the last one I shared was back in March, it was time for a new one.
This coconut curry quinoa is made entirely in one pot. You just add the quinoa, coconut milk, tamari and spices into the pot, simmer away until the quinoa is fluffy and you're ready to serve.
One thing I would like to note about the recipe: I think it works better with lite coconut milk.
Usually I'm all about that full-fat, but in this recipe, the lower fat content just works. I find that it's not as greasy, is lighter and fluffier and has just as strong of a coconut flavor.
Plus, it makes it a little less indulgent, giving you more room to bulk up on those flavorful main dishes you're eating ????
Now for serving…
I think this 5-ingredient coconut curry quinoa would be delicious alongside:
- My easy vegan red lentil dal
- My Moroccan chickpea stew
- My coconut quinoa curry
- My curry roasted vegetable quinoa bowls
- OR with any of your fave Indian dishes
More Quinoa Side Dishes:
- 5-ingredient Lemon Turmeric Quinoa
- 3-ingredient Coconut Lime Quinoa
- 5-Ingredient Garlic Butter Quinoa
5-Ingredient Coconut Curry Quinoa
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Stir to incorporate, then bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until milk has been absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Remove from heat, stir and cover again, allowing quinoa to sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork prior to serving. Serve with your favorite dish!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.