New year, new series here on the SQ blog. So get ready my friends, it's gonna be a good one.
As many of you seem to adore these 5-ingredient type recipes, I'm going to bring you WAY more this year. Fun, right?
This 5-ingredient craze started back in 2013, for us that is, with my 5-ingredient Quinoa Mac & Cheese, which I just need to add is still one of the most popular recipes on the site. (<– it's been pinned over 160K times! what the what!?)
Since then, there has been a few other 5-ingredient recipes (like the Broccoli Quinoa Mac & Cheese and Sweet Potato Quinoa Fritters) and they always seem to do super well. And guys, I totally get it. Quick and easy with a short ingredient list gets me too. Every single time!
So 2017 is going to be a year full of simple, healthy and delicious 5-ingredients recipes. I'm not entirely sure how frequently these posts will be up (I'm thinking at least once per month), but nonetheless, hope you're pumped! It's going to be great!
We're kicking things off with this delicious lemon turmeric quinoa recipe which yes, uses just 5 ingredients.
I'd look at this recipe more as a base for something else, rather than just a standalone recipe, but I did have some bites on its own and it's frickin' tasty! All that citrus, combined with the warm turmeric and creamy coconut finish…so good!
Really all we need to do with this recipe is cook up some quinoa, let it cool slightly and then stir everything in and serve. Here are some meal pairings that would be perfect with the turmeric quinoa:
- Slow Cooker Moroccan Chickpea Stew
- Easy Chana Dal
- Spiralized Butternut Squash Bowls
- Vegan Quinoa Burgers (with a side of greens)
I served mine for a few friends with a simple massaman curry and they loved it.
What you'll also adore about a recipe like this Lemon Turmeric Quinoa is that it's reheatable, meaning it's awesome for meal prep. Make a big batch of this, along with some roasted veggies, chickpeas and a quick tahini dressing and you've got your lunches planned for the whole week. How great is that?!
What other types of recipes would you like to see me recreate with just 5 ingredients? Share some of your ideas in the comments below!
5-ingredient Lemon Turmeric Quinoa
Lemon Turmeric Quinoa made with just 5 INGREDIENTS! So simple and the perfect way to spice up your next Indian or Middle Eastern feast!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa from 1 cup uncooked
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon about 1 tablespoon juice, 1 teaspoon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- optional add-ins: chopped green onions thai basil, ground black pepper, cashews, etc.
- Cook quinoa until light and fluffy, about 10 - 15 minutes. (I use this method)
- Allow the quinoa to cool until it's warm to the touch, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
- If using, stir in add-ins and serve with your favorite dish!*
* this recipe goes best with Indian, Middle Eastern, African or Thai cuisine
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dinner recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!