This Cucumber Pear Smoothie is unexpectedly delicious. The cucumber adds amazing flavor and fluffy texture, while the pear makes it sweet and delicious!
I love adding veggies to my smoothies. And I love drinking green in the morning (especially my favorite green smoothie). It's an awesome way to wake up – you feel healthy, energized and totally satisfied. And you know that you've started your day on the right foot.
I'm a big believer in breakfast. I think it kick starts your metabolism and helps fuel your body for the day ahead, but it can also help set the tone for your eating habits. I find that when I eat a nourishing breakfast, I crave more nourishing foods for the rest of the day. And I also don't snack as much, which helps me stay on track.
Today's smoothie isn't my standard green, but it's still full of veggies. We're making this fabulously creamy pear smoothie with cucumber and cinnamon. It might not be the most typical combo but dang is it good!
My Cucumber Pear Smoothie Ingredients
If you've seen any of my other smoothie recipes, then you know I'm all about balancing out the ingredients. I need to make sure my smoothie is actually going to fill me up, so I focus on adding fiber, protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates. This pear smoothie has it all and more!
Here's what we're using to make it:
- ripe pear: which adds sweetness, but is still low on the glycemic index
- fresh cucumber: it's bright, refreshing and adds an amazing texture
- chia seeds & almond butter: for healthy fats and protein
- vanilla protein powder: for even more protein
- cinnamon: to help round out the flavor and regulate our blood sugar
And then we're blending it all up with some unsweetened almond milk!
The cucumber brings an amazing flavor and a light, fluffy texture that was totally unexpected. But the most special thing about my discovery is that this drink is full of brightness. It's like sunshine in a glass. A burst of summer with every sip.
How to Add Veggies to Your Smoothie
At this point, you might notice a trend with my smoothie recipes…
I love adding veggies!
I find that smoothies are the ultimate way to sneak veggies into your (or someone you're making breakfast for's) smoothie. The trick to adding veggies to your smoothie is to choose veggies that don't have much flavor. Things they won't really notice are there.
Greens are an obvious choice, but a few of my other favorite vegetables for smoothies include:
- broccoli stalks
For the green side of things, I almost always go for spinach because it has the mildest flavor, but my next choice would be swiss chard or kale. Just note that the latter two are definitely more pungent!
Bottom line: smoothies are a powerhouse meal that I think works well for almost everyone. And this pear smoothie is absolutely sensational! Hope you love it ❤️
More Healthy Smoothie Ideas to try:
- Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie
- Pina Colada Green Smoothie
- Energizing Almond Joy Smoothie
- Hidden Veggie Pineapple Green Smoothie
- Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Cucumber Pear Smoothie
- 1/2 medium cucumber peeled
- 1 medium pear cored and chopped
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter or other nut butter of your choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- 6 - 7 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients into a blender, in the order listed, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with a side of cucumber and enjoy summer in smoothie form!