Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
This delicious vegan mint chocolate chip smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. Packed with vegetables, vegan protein, and chocolate, it might taste like dessert but is way healthier!
If you could eat ice cream for breakfast every day and have it actually be good for you, would you? I know I would!
But we know that's not something most people would do. Which is exactly where (*I think*) smoothies come into play. You not only make smoothies have a similar texture to ice cream, but also the flavors. Everything from strawberry shortcake to double dark chocolate. I've tested a lot and I've got to say, today's has been the best.
We're making a vegan mint chocolate chip smoothie packed with protein, fiber, and healthy fats. It's a healthy version of one of my favorite ice creams and makes for one fabulous breakfast!
Ingredients for our Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
When it comes to making smoothies, you can really get creative. There is no “right” or “wrong” way to make a smoothie. It's basically whatever you like and what you have on hand.
If you've been following for a while, you know I'm a fan of sneaking veggies into my smoothies wherever possible. And that's exactly what we're doing again today!
Here's what's inside our Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie:
- frozen cauliflower: adds fiber and gives your smoothie the most amazing texture
- frozen blueberries: full of antioxidants and helps make the chocolate color more chocolatey
- raw cacao powder: I went for double chocolate here
- fresh mint: for our minty goodness
- hemp seeds: packed with protein, healthy fats and omega-3s
- vegan chocolate protein powder: for an extra kick of chocolate and also plant-based protein
And then we're blending it up with a combination of coconut water and almond milk. My absolute favorite combo!
How do You Use Herbs in Smoothies?
When you don't greens in your smoothie or you're just looking for a little flavor boost, fresh herbs are an amazing ingredient to add into smoothies. Adding herbs to smoothies is simple. Just give them a quick rinse, remove them from their stems and then toss them into your blender and blend them up into the smoothie!
One thing I will say is that I wouldn't use all types of herbs. Some are definitely more tasty than others! Herbs that I would recommend using in your smoothies are:
- lemon verbena
- and maybe parsley
Otherwise, I think many of them might be a bit too savory but let me know if you have any other favorites!
The Ultimate Chocolate Mint Smoothie
I have a chocolate smoothie almost every single morning and I love having this option to change things up. Sometimes I need a little zing of flavor and adding fresh mint is exactly that.
And best of all? It's a healthy meal! We're getting about 18 – 20g of protein, 11g of fiber, and lots of healthy fats! This smoothie is tasty, but also filling and will nourish you all morning long. It's creamy, it's healthy, it's delicious and I know you're going to love it!
Craving more? Try one of These Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
- Refreshing Raspberry Smoothie
- Hidden Veggie Pineapple Green Smoothie
- Healthy Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Green Apple Smoothie
- Mango Matcha Green Smoothie
- The Ultimate Post-Workout Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie
- Pina Colada Green Smoothie
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pulse in the cacao nibs.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy! (optional: sprinkle on more cacao nibs and garnish with a sprig of mint)
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!