Pizzelle cookies are my absolute favorite kind Christmas cookie. They remind me of Sunday morning waffles, but in cookie form. They're thin and crispy, and I think it would be entirely possible for me to sit down and eat an entire batch. They're one of those things that you don't realize how many you've eaten until they're all gone. They're that good.
For some reason, I thought Pizzelles were going to be hard to recreate gluten-free. They weren't. They were easy-peasy and came out perfectly. These gluten-free pizzelle cookies even rival the ones my mom makes at home. Just like hers, my gluten-free pizzelles are light and flavorful, but with an added crunch from the quinoa.
With my week-long celebration of Quinoa Christmas Cookies coming to an end, I have to say this is my favorite recipe yet. As I'm typing this I'm munching on my final two cookies (yes, I did ration them out to make sure they would last all week). So, what's next for me? More gluten-free pizzelle cookies of course!
A Week of Quinoa Christmas Cookies:
- Meyer Lemon & Almond Biscotti
- Honey Cut-Out Cookies
- Gluten-Free Molasses Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
There's also only a few days left to snag your copy of Baking with Quinoa for only $4.29.
- Preheat a pizzelle cookie iron and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift dry ingredients together in medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Gradually whisk in oil and flavoring. Add the syrup slowly as you continue to whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Beat in dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of dough onto the hot pizzelle iron, close the lid and cook according to the instructions. Mine were about 1 minute per cookie. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Let cookies cool completely on a wire rack. Store in a cool dry place.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 120kcal Calories from fat 41|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
NOW AVAILABLE! Baking with Quinoa
Featuring 25 mouthwatering recipes – all free from gluten, dairy & refined sugar – Baking with Quinoa will show you just how easy it is to make healthy & nutritious baked goods.