Meal prep made easy with this balsamic tempeh and roasted vegetable quinoa bowls! You just need one pan, 30 minutes and your lunches are done for the week!
For some strange reason, I've been resistant to the idea of sheet pan meals. Probably because I feel like it's a cop-out to just throw something on a baking sheet, roast it and call it a meal, but I have to tell you these meal prep quinoa bowls have 1000% changed my perspective.
For starters, it's easy peasy. Second, it's healthy. And third, it's surprisingly delicious!
I've talked about eating the rainbow before, and why having an assortment of different fruits and vegetables is important for your diet, and this is a perfect example of one of those meals. We've got a variety of vegetables, which means we're getting a bunch of different vitamins and minerals.
And all we have to do is toss everything in a bowl, throw it on a sheet pan and roast away!
As I was planning out this recipe, I started searching for vegan sheet pan meals, and frankly, there weren't a lot of options. Most everything you see is either with chicken or shrimp, so I decided to just adapt a chicken one with tempeh.
I was inspired by the chicken sheet pan recipe from Skinnytaste. Balsamic vegetables and crispy tempeh just sounded perfect to me!
I swapped out the veggies for what I had on hand (which you can totally do too if you don't have the exact ones I used in this recipe), I changed the chicken for tempeh, and made my own balsamic dressing. It was the perfect meal and I know you're going to love it!
Of course, by the recipe title, these also make a wonderful meal prep option. Since everything is made in just one pan, you can throw it in the oven while you make some of your other recipes (like the one I have coming on Tuesday!), then pop it in containers with some fluffy white quinoa and you've got lunches/dinners for the entire week ahead.
Here are the containers I recommend using for meal prep; they're glass, they're oven and microwave safe, and they're thin so they don't take up a ton of room in the fridge!
So go ahead and take 35 minutes today and make this recipe. Pinky promise you'll be glad you did 😉
More Meal Prep Recipes to Try:
- Triple Berry Quinoa Breakfast Bake
- Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Overnight Oats
- Chili Roasted Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Asian Quinoa Bowls with Peanut Baked Tofu
- Cilantro Lime Black Bean Quinoa Tacos
- Fall Harvest Mason Jar Quinoa Salad
- Sesame Tofu Quinoa Bowls
Meal Prep Balsamic Tempeh & Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt & pepper
- 1 package button mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis quartered and chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 carrots quarter and chopped
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 1 large shallot or red onion chopped
- 2 packages tempeh (8 oz)
- 3 - 4 cups cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil and spices.
- Add the vegetables and tempeh to a large mixing bowl, then pour dressing over top. Toss to combine.
- Transfer everything to the baking sheet and roast for 25 - 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the tempeh has started to brown.
- Remove from oven and divide evenly between containers. Add quinoa into each container (1/2 - 1 cup) and allow everything to cool to room temperature until sealing and placing in the fridge.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.