Try the best green smoothie bowl with avocado, quinoa, peanut butter, and almond milk for a filling and healthy way to start your day.
This smoothie bowl has been part of my regular morning routine for years (along with a Green Tea Latte). It's the perfect balance of sweet, creamy and satisfying. It's jam-packed with nutrient-dense ingredients like nut butter and avocado.
But it's somehow still light and refreshing. Plus you can add any of your favorite toppings. I strongly recommend topping your bowl with my favorite Nutty Date Coconut Granola.
How to Make the Best Green Smoothie Bowl
Get ready to hit your blender with some seriously nutritious ingredients for this vegan smoothie bowl:
- Avocado, which is packed with healthy fats and adds a luscious texture to your bowl.
- Peanut butter. I like smooth, natural peanut butter for the best texture. You can also use almond butter or sunflower seed butter for nut-free.
- Banana. Keep a few ripe frozen bananas in your freezer for the thickest naturally-sweetened smoothies.
- Kale. Leafy, bright kale brings the green to this smoothie bowl.
- Quinoa. This is my secret to a high-protein smoothie bowl without dairy or protein powder. It also helps thicken things up and adds a nice nutty flavor to compliment the nut butter. See my recommendations for cooking perfect quinoa.
- Chia seeds. These are a high-fiber ingredient that help hold your smoothie together and make it extra satiating.
- Almond milk. Feel free to use your favorite dairy-free milk!
Add everything to a high-speed blender (I love my Vitamix), and let it do its thing until you have a smooth, fluffy texture.
I like to mix it up with toppings for my green smoothie bowl. Favorites include:
- Fresh berries and sliced fruit
- Honey Banana Turmeric Granola
- Healthy Pumpkin Quinoa Granola
- Flax, pumpkin or chia seeds
- Almonds, walnuts or cashews
- Dairy-free yogurt or coconut cream for extra protein
Health Benefits of Green Smoothies
This smoothie bowl offers a host of health benefits that make it a great way to start your day, including:
- Healthy omega-3 fats, which are important for brain health.
- Protein from the quinoa and nut butter help keep you full all morning.
- Fiber from chia, kale, avocado, and quinoa, which is essential for healthy digestion and satiety.
- Antioxidants from all of the plant-based ingredients to help fight free radicals and help protect your body from disease.
More Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- Lemon Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal
- The Best Pumpkin Spinach Smoothie
If you make this Green Smoothie Bowl, be sure to let me know with a comment below!
The Ultimate Green Smoothie Bowl
for the topping:
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Add all smoothie ingredients into a blender in the order listed and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with desired toppings.
Have you made a recipe from SQ? I'd love to see it! Upload a pic of your creation using the hashtag #simplyquinoa 🙂