A collection of the 31 best vegan Thanksgiving side dishes that the whole family will love. Serve these healthy recipes to make complete this year's spread!
My Thanksgiving looks a heck of a lot different than they used to. For starters, I don't eat turkey. And then throw in that I also don't eat gluten or dairy, and from our typical Thanksgiving spread, I'm pretty much left with green salad.
But I won't settle for that because I know there are hundreds of healthy, delicious, gluten-free, vegan Thanksgiving recipes out there that even my “regular diet” family members would love.
Seeing as though Thanksgiving is swiftly approaching, and I know many of you also have similar dietary restrictions as me, I thought I would make this year's menu planning a little bit simpler. I've scoured the web and found 31 of my FAVORITE vegan Thanksgiving side dishes, many of which are just a healthy spin on the classics. So fill your plate with deliciousness, my friends. This Thanksgiving is going to be a FEAST!
31 Amazing Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes
So to help give you some Thanksgiving inspiration, we've pulled together a list of some incredible vegan thanksgiving side dishes. We're starting with appetizers – which I think most Thanksgiving celebrations need – then moving onto salads, veggie sides, potatoes + mashes and finishing off with grain dishes.
There's sure to be something for everyone on this list! Make sure to pin and save this post so you can come back to it over and over again!
First, let's chat about healthy Thanksgiving appetizers! Usually, dinner is for us is around 2 or 3, so we do need some snacks while we wait. you don't want things that are too heavy, but you also want them to feel special. Here are some amazing ones to try!
- Sweet Potato Quinoa Fritters from Simply Quinoa
- Mini Quinoa Pizza Bites with Hummus & Chickpeas from Simply Quinoa
- Pumpkin + Sage Hummus from Simply Quinoa
- Vegan Caramelized Onion Dip from Simply Quinoa
- Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread from Simply Quinoa
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Hummus from iFOODreal
Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
Now let's talk about salads. We typically have at least one healthy salad dish to give our fam some greens. If greens aren't really your thing, we've also included some grain salads too!
- Fall Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash and Apples from Simply Quinoa
- Roasted Brussels Sprout + Quinoa Salad from Simply Quinoa
- Roasted Potato & Red Quinoa Salad from Simply Quinoa
- 10-Minute Mushroom & Herb Quinoa Salad from Simply Quinoa
- Green Bean & Quinoa Salad from Simply Quinoa
- Kale + Shredded Brussels Sprout Quinoa Salad from Simply Quinoa
- Roasted Veggie Quinoa Salad from Simply Quinoa
- Autumn Glow Salad from Pinch of Yum
- Brussels Sprouts & Cranberry Quinoa Salad from Gimme Some Oven
Thanksgiving Veggie Sides
Next on our list of healthy vegan Thanksgiving sides is all about VEGGIES! I think it's important to have a mix of veggie options for people to enjoy. It's a simple way to make your Thanksgiving meal just a bit healthier!
- Vegan Creamed Spinach from Simply Quinoa
- Roasted Winter Vegetables: 3 Ways from Simply Quinoa
- Maple Roasted Butternut Squash from Simply Quinoa
- Easy Gluten-Free Veggie Fritters from Simply Quinoa
- 5-Ingredient Garlic Green Beans from Simply Quinoa
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Simply Recipes
- Maple Roasted Cardamom Spice Carrots from Vanilla and Beam
Thanksgiving Potato + Mash Recipes
While technically these are vegetable sides, potatoes need their own category when it comes to Thanksgiving. So we've got some of our favorite potato and veggie mash recipes. I may be biased, but if you only choose one, the first one on the list is absolutely incredible!!
- The Best Vegan Mashed Cauliflower from Simply Quinoa
- The Creamiest Vegan Mashed Potatoes from My California Roots
- Creamy Kabocha Squash Mash from The Roasted Root
- Easy Vegan Mashed Sweet Potatoes from Hot For Food
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole from Well Plated
- Vegan Scalloped Sweet Potatoes from Food Faith Fitness
- Garlic & Herb Hasselback Sweet Potatoes from My Fussy Eater
Thanksgiving Casseroles + Grain Dishes
Last but not least, we're focusing on cozy casseroles and grain dishes. These are things like stuffing, green bean casserole, and more. All 100% vegan!
- Creamy One Pot Mushroom Quinoa from Simply Quinoa
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Risotto from Simply Quinoa
- The Best Vegan Cornbread Stuffing from Simply Quinoa
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole from Hummusapien
18 comments on “31 Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes”
Hi there, love the list.. keep the vegan recipes coming. Only thing is that the 5-Ingredient Sweet Potato Quinoa Fritters is not vegan (it could easily be made vegan but the recipe doesn’t start that way).
That’s true, thanks for pointing it out! I have another one that uses a flax egg, so I’ll make a note in the recipe 🙂
Thank you so much, Alyssa!!!
You’re so welcome! xo
Loving all the recipes in here! Bookmarked a few to make for next week!
Woo!! Hope you make some of them 🙂
Beautiful. Just beautiful! Just wait til all the meat eaters of the world see how far vegetable cooking has come and how stunning our food is!!!
That’s what I’m saying!! xo
Pingback: Created by COLLECTIVE: A Foodie's Guide to a Tasty Thanksgiving | Jamaican Moments™
Pingback: Created by COLLECTIVE: A Foodie's Guide to a Tasty Thanksgiving | Your News On Time!
Pingback: Created by COLLECTIVE: A Foodie's Guide to a Tasty Thanksgiving | BeautyCribTV
Pingback: Created by COLLECTIVE: A Foodie's Guide to a Tasty Thanksgiving | Caribbean Blogz
Pingback: Created by COLLECTIVE: A Foodie's Guide to a Tasty Thanksgiving | newstrending
Pingback: Created by COLLECTIVE: A Foodie's Guide to a Tasty Thanksgiving – Somanabolic Muscle Maximizer
Pingback: Created by COLLECTIVE: A Foodie’s Guide to a Tasty Thanksgiving | Celebrity Endorsement Booking Agents <<< Celebrity Endorsement Deals
Where is the stuffed mushroom recipe (from the title image)? I can only see 30 recipes and that’s the one that drew me here, lol.
That blog seems to have disappeared 🙁 But I have this one you could try: https://blog.kitchenaid.com/pesto-quinoa-stuffed-mushrooms/
Pingback: 31 Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes | All Food Board