This grilled corn + avocado salsa is a quick and easy dip recipe that uses fresh, summer produce and goes well with everything. From chips, tacos + more!
Looking for the perfect summer dip to bring to barbecues, pool parties or even just serve on a warm night? Or if you're planning to have a girls' night in and want to serve something flavorful and healthy, I've got you covered. This grilled corn and avocado salsa is a cinch to whip up, uses tons of fresh, summery produce and tastes incredible.
And you can use it on everything!
It's hard to choose who the star of this show is…the char grilled corn or the buttery avocado, but either way, this is a dip that I know you can use all season long. We've been serving it up as an appetizer with organic corn chips, but it's also a great topping for tacos, nachos or even avocado toast.
In fact, just the other night, I made sweet potato toast for the first time, using that as my base, then a layer of mashed black beans and this salsa on top and it was perfection. So quick, so tasty and even though it was fairly light, I was still surprisingly full and satisfied.
One of the great things about this salsa is that you can actually make it in tandem with the rest of your meal. If you're whipping up some burgers, making kabobs or anything else on the grill, just toss your ears of corn on when it's nice and hot, let them get a little charred and then just throw everything together in a bowl.
I'm guessing there won't be any leftovers, but if there is, another great way to use this would be to scramble up a few eggs (or tofu) and serve this over top. Filling, healthy and a great way to fuel up for a busy day.
Any go-to dips that you can't seem to live without? Let me know in the comments and I'll try to find a way to make them a little lighter and more nutritious. And if you end up trying this recipe, don't forget to tag @simplyquinoa or #simplyquinoa on social so I can find your pictures and give them some love!
More Healthy Appetizer Recipes To Try!
- Sweet Potato Pizza Bites with Lentil Bolognese
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Grilled Peach Salsa
- Healthy & Vegan Refried Bean Dip
- Simple Mango Salsa
Grilled Corn + Avocado Salsa
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 avocados
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cilantro depending on taste
- Juice of 2 limes or 1 lemon, 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Peel and remove the silk from the corn, then add it to the hot grill and grill for 2 - 3 minutes per side until it's charred and slightly soft.
- While the corn is cooking, dice the tomatoes (I cut them into eighths), onions and avocado, and add them to a large bowl.
- Allow the corn to cool slightly then cut it off the cob and add it to the bowl.
- Finely chop the cilantro, then add that to the bowl along with the citrus juice, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust the salt + pepper as needed.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips (or on top of tacos, inside burritos, etc...the possibilities are endless!)
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dinner recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!