Learn how to make the best two-ingredient coconut whipped cream with an electric mixer to top your favorite dairy-free desserts.
Is there anything better than light and fluffy whipped cream? Whether you dollop some on your breakfast oats for a treat or serve up an impressive dessert topped with plenty of whipped cream, it's never a bad time to enjoy some.
And if you're not eating dairy or following a vegan diet, this recipe is for you. Coconut whipped cream couldn't be easier to make and it's just as light, airy and delicious as dairy whipped cream.
Ingredients for Coconut Whipped Cream
The ingredient list for this recipe couldn't be simpler. Here's what you need:
- Full-fat coconut milk. It's key to chill the coconut milk overnight.
- Maple syrup. To sweeten it up! You could also use honey (if you're not vegan), or powdered sugar.
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
The first step in making this vegan dessert is to chill your coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The next day, open up the cans. Scoop the hardened part from the top of the can into a mixing bowl. Leave the water in the bottom of the cans.
Use an electric mixer to beat the coconut milk until it's light and fluffy. Add the sweetener to taste. If you're having trouble getting the coconut to reach a fluffy texture, you may need to add a bit of the reserved coconut water.
How to Serve Coconut Whipped Cream
You'll probably want to eat this right from the bowl. Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy fluffy vegan whipped cream:
- On Lemon Blueberry Quinoa Pancakes
- Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- Perfect Gluten-Free Vegan Apple Crumb Pie
- With fresh berries for a simple summery dessert
- Vegan Cherry Ice Cream (with a not-so-secret ingredient)
Can I Store Leftover Whipped Cream?
Yes, you can store leftover cream in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. If it deflates at all, simply re-whip with an electric mixer.
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites (Vegan)
- Soft & Chewy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Raw & Vegan Carrot Cake Bites
If you make this coconut whipped cream, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
How to make Coconut Whipped Cream
- Remove the lid from the can then carefully scoop out the solid bit from the top into a bowl, leaving the coconut “water” in the bottom of the can.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the coconut cream until fluffy.
- Whip in the monk fruit extract (or syrup), taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- If it doesn't fluff/thin add a teaspoon of the coconut water as needed.
- Place in the fridge until ready to use.