Maple Cinnamon Mixed Nut Butter
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
This maple cinnamon nut butter uses a combination of three different nuts to make the ultimate homemade nut butter you'll ever try. It's good on everything!
It's not often that I say a recipe is life-changing, but this nut butter totally is. So much so that I've not only gotten all my friends and family hooked, but I also don't ever buy nut butter at the store anymore. I actually don't even walk down the nut butter aisle. EVER.
Instead, I'm just making jar after jar of this stuff. It's heavenly.
This isn't your traditional jar of almond butter. This is a maple cinnamon nut butter that actually combines three types of nuts and then is jazzed up with some maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. It's slightly sweet, completely smooth and absolutely delicious on everything.
No more shelling out $10+ on a jar of almond butter, friends. This recipe is wallet-friendly and crazy simple to make at home. Here's how we do it:
What I love about this recipe is that it's also very customizable. Whether you're allergic to certain types of nuts, like different spices, or feel like mixing three nuts into one butter is a little much for you…that's okay! Just swap in what you have on hand/what works for you and I promise, you'll see what I mean when I say “life-changing”.
And in case you need a little inspiration for how you can use up this yummy nut butter, here are some of my favorite ways to eat it:
- On a piece of my almond flour bread with sliced banana or apple
- Swirled into a bowl of oatmeal
- Mixed into a simple smoothie for extra protein
- Spread on dried figs or dates for a quick snack
- or…just eaten out of the jar with a spoon 😉
What's your favorite way to eat nut butter? I love hearing about your creations, so let me know in the comments below!
More Delicious Nut Butter Recipes to try:
- Super Seed Homemade Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Butter
- Vanilla Bean Homemade Cashew Butter
- Cinnamon Vanilla Pecan Butter
- Superfood Vegan Nutella
- Homemade Tahini Recipe
- Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter
Cinnamon Maple Mixed Nut Butter
- Add nuts to a parchment lined baking sheet (or toaster oven sheet) and drizzle with maple syrup. Sprinkle on seasonings then stir to combine.
- Toast nuts for 5 - 6 minutes until fragrant and starting to brown. Alternatively you toast them in the oven at 350ºF for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Allow nuts to cool slightly then transfer to a food processor. Process on high until smooth and creamy, about 10 - 15 minutes depending on your food processor. You might also have to scrape the sides a few times to help keep the nuts blending.
- Once smooth, transfer to a glass container and store in the fridge.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more clean eating recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!