A healthy recipe for quinoa blondies that uses almond butter as the base. They're naturally sweetened, gluten-free, vegan and flavored with pumpkin spice!
Before I went gluten-free, blondies were one of my favorite desserts. I wasn't the biggest chocolate fan, so I loved that they were basically a chocolate chip cookie (vanilla base) with little bits of chocolate studded throughout. I never really attempted making them at home until my Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies and since then, these little bars of yumminess have been a staple in my house.
Today I'm sharing a new spin on my quinoa blondies that uses pumpkin spice almond butter to make them the perfect autumn treat!
These blondies are made in just one bowl, are gluten-free, vegan and free from refined sugar!
We start by beating together softened coconut oil, almond butter and coconut sugar, which turns light and fluffy, just like you would with traditional chocolate chip cookies.
For the dry ingredients, the base is quinoa flour. If you aren't the biggest fan of quinoa flour, I would suggest toasting it before baking with it (check out this post to learn how to toast quinoa flour). Personally, I've found that I can't really taste the quinoa flour, so I don't bother with the extra step.
But these are honestly the best texture. You know how sometimes blondies can be a bit dry? These are the opposite. They're ooey-gooey, and they stay soft for days. They've got a little bit of a crunchy top, and much to my delight, the pumpkin spice and chocolate go super well together.
Not to mention, they're wayyyy healthier than the traditional ones. I had three of these the other night after dinner 😉
What sweet treats have you been enjoying lately? Let me know some of your favorites in the comments section below! And if you end up trying this recipe, or any other from the blog, I'd love for you to share a pic on Instagram. Tag @simplyquinoa or use #simplyquinoa so I can find your creation and give you some love in return!
More Delicious Quinoa Flour Recipes to try:
- Cinnamon Apple Banana Bread
- Apple Cider Pancakes
- Vegan Almond Butter Brownies
- Vegan Apricot Oatmeal Bars
- Cinnamon Swirl Gluten-Free Coffee Cake
- Healthy Quinoa Carrot Cake
Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter Quinoa Blondies
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened
- ¾ cup pumpkin spice almond butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup toasted quinoa flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Beat together coconut oil and almond butter until creamy. Add sugar, flax eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and add to wet, mixing until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to the prepared baking pan and press evenly into the pan. Smooth with your hands then bake on the center rack for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan completely before cutting into squares.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dessert recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!