This spicy mango guacamole recipe is a quick and easy spread that goes with everything. Use it on top of burgers, dip with chips or spread it on some toast!
I'm of the mind that anything is better with avocado. Literally ANYTHING. I've found there are a million and one ways to sneak this incredible ingredient into your diet, including creamy smoothies, avocado mousse, and even vegan brownies, but today we're sticking with the classic: guacamole.
But since we're just diving into summer, let's have a little fun, shall we?
Instead of traditional guacamole (which I seriously L-O-V-E!), we're taking a tropical twist by adding chopped mango, then spicing it up with some fresh jalapeno. Such a fun twist and a total crowd-pleaser!
If you've never made guacamole before, it's honestly the simplest thing ever. No special equipment needed. Just a cutting board and a bowl!
We start by chopping up our mix-ins. In this case that's red onion for some bite, jalapeno for spice and mango for sweetness. There's also the option to add cilantro, I just skipped it this time, but have tested and it's delish! ????????
Then we just mash our avocado, making sure to leave some chunks behind, toss it all together with some spices, add a little lime juice for some zing and we're ready to dip! (or spread in some cases)
What I love about guac is that it has multiple uses. What I don't love? That it's the first thing to get eaten at parties and it doesn't last more than a few hours before turning brown. But honestly, the second part doesn't really matter because it's gone in that amount of time anyway.
BUT. Let's get back to how you can use it. This spicy mango guacamole would be scrumptious served with:
- Veggie burgers (my Tex-Mex Quinoa Burger would be excellent)
- Nachos (or sweet potato nachos)
- On top of tacos (you should totes try my Cilantro-Lime Black Bean Quinoa Tacos)
- Spread on a slice of toast
- Inside wraps or burritos (collard wraps anyone?!)
- and of course…
…with ALL the tortilla chips!
I hope you have so much fun making this dish! I know it's going to be a staple for me this summer – I'm already dreaming up the many ways I can use it.
I also encourage you to be creative and try swapping the mango for other fruits like pineapple and strawberry! I think both would be absolutely delish ????
More Delicious Snack Ideas to Try This Summer:
- Easy Vegan Snack Board: 3 Different Ways
- Superfood Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- Quinoa + Hummus Zucchini Roll-Ups
- Mini Quinoa Pizza Bites with Hummus + Crispy Chickpeas
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Crackers & Hummus
- 5-Ingredient Healthy Zucchini Fritters
Spicy Mango Guacamole
- Remove pit from the avocado and scoop out flesh into a large mixing bowl. Mash with a fork until almost smooth, but a few chunks remain.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with chips, crackers, chopped veggies, or on top of your favorite veggie burger!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.