These healthy, vegan quinoa burgers are baked to crispy perfection, easy to whip up and made with two types of quinoa for a protein-packed weeknight meal.
I first created this recipe for vegan quinoa burgers back in 2011 and honestly, I haven't revisited in years. I was craving falafel the other day but didn't have the ingredients for my quinoa falafel, so I turned to these. First, I cringed at the photos, but then I whipped them up and realized… yum! I forgot how good they were!
They are super simple to make, take less than 10 ingredients and can be made completely in your food processor. They also are a very basic flavor profile, so they go well with everything. You can serve them as a burger or on top of a salad as I did. You can also make them mini so they're kind of like “meatballs”!
The base of these vegan quinoa burgers is made from just chickpeas and quinoa. For flavor, I added shallots, garlic, some nutritional yeast, and Italian seasoning. But you could totally swap things in and out.
They would be delicious with an Indian type spice blend or even just plain curry powder. Oh! Or you could also use chili powder and cumin to make them Mexican inspired. So many possibilities!
But for now, we're keeping things simple. I put mine on a bed of baby kale, broccoli and then drizzled a quick turmeric tahini dressing on top. Such a great lunch and the rest of the burgers were dinner. I loved every bite of it!
More Delicious Burger Recipes to try:
- Tex-Mex Quinoa Burger Recipe
- Chipotle Butternut Squash & White Bean Burgers
- Vegetarian Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Curried Chickpea & Carrot Burgers
- Beet + Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- Cheezy Broccoli Quinoa Burgers
- Butternut Squash & Lentil Patties
- Baked Quinoa Falafel with Turmeric Sauce
Vegan Quinoa Burgers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the shallots and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until they are finely chopped. Add your chickpeas and quinoa flakes and continue to pulse. Don't puree the mixture; you want it to be a little chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the water) and process until a dough begins to form. Add water while the food processor is running and the dough comes together. You want to mixture to be sticky, not runny or dry. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once chilled, separate the mixture into 8 equal sized patties.
- Place your patties on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip half way through and finish with a quick 2 - 3 minute broil to get the patties nice and browned.
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.
Want more quinoa dinner recipes?
Follow my board on Pinterest!