These easy vegetarian quinoa burrito bowls are the perfect recipe to meal prep for a healthy lunch or dinner. It makes 5 days worth of food in less than 20 minutes, is packed with nutrients and tastes delicious!
I've honestly never really been a meal prep person. I tend to go with the flow and rustle something up for lunch or dinner based on what's in my fridge, but what I've noticed is that when time is crunched and I'm feeling stressed, I don't end up making a very well balanced meal.
So when I started seeing all these meal prep recipes pop on Pinterest and videos on my Facebook feed, I got intrigued.
Would meal prep help ensure I'm eating healthy, balanced meals? Or is it going to take a ton of time and not really be worth it?
The only way to answer that question was to give it a try!
I decided to start simple and go with an easy lunch option. I whipped up these vegetarian quinoa burrito bowls (based kind of off my 5-ingredient Mexican Quinoa), which ended up taking me less than 20 minutes!
And it resulted in 5 days worth of healthy, protein-rich meals that tasted great, kept me full and saved really well in the fridge.
The base is a super simple quinoa salad that I've made hundreds of times but never actually shared on the blog before.
We start with cooked quinoa, add in some black beans that have been drained and rinsed, some corn (fresh or frozen), chopped cilantro and spices. And lime juice. Lime juice is key.
And you basically just stir that all together and serve it up.
You can serve it warm or cold, but since we're making it as a meal prep recipe, I'd recommend just serving cold, kind of like a salad.
The additions to my bowl? Chopped romaine lettuce, a dollop of salsa, some sliced avocado and a sprinkle more of cilantro.
What I really enjoyed about these burrito bowls is that they were filling, but still light.
I'm not a huge fan of having a big lunch in the middle of the day, especially when I have a day that's mostly spent at the computer. Of course, I need something that will fuel me through the afternoon, but since I'm not moving around a ton, it also needs to be fairly easy on my digestion.
And this bowl was just that!
Do you currently meal prep? If so, what are some of your favorite recipes? If you're looking for a little more meal prep inspiration, check out my 7-Day Vegan Meal Plan or watch the video of my Slow Cooker Coconut Quinoa Curry and see how to meal prep that recipe as well!
More Meal Prep Recipes To Try:
- Meal Prep Quinoa Bowls with Spring Vegetables
- Fall Harvest Mason Jar Quinoa Salad
- Meal Prep Chipotle Tofu Quinoa Bowls
- Meal Prep Sesame Tofu Quinoa Bowls
- Buffalo Tofu Mason Jar Salads
- Meal Prep Balsamic Tempeh & Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
Meal-Prep Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Prepare the quinoa salad by combining the quinoa, beans, corn, cilantro, spices and lime juice in a large bowl. Stir together until combined.
- Using 5 glass containers, add two cups of romaine, 1 1/2 cups of quinoa mixture, 1 - 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1/2 an avocado.*
- Garnish with lime wedges and a sprinkle more cilantro if desired. Seal containers and place in fridge for up to 5 days.