These easy vegetarian quinoa burrito bowls are the perfect recipe for meal prepping a healthy lunch or dinner. Make five days' worth of nutritious and delicious food in less than 20 minutes!
I've honestly never really been a meal prep person. I tend to go with the flow and rustle something up for lunch or dinner based on what's in my fridge, but what I've noticed is that when I am crunched for time and feeling stressed, I don't end up making a very well balanced meal.
So when I started seeing all these meal prep recipes pop on Pinterest and videos on my Facebook feed, I got intrigued.
Would meal prep help ensure I'm eating healthy, balanced meals? Or is it going to take a ton of time and not be worth it?
The only way to answer that question was to give it a try!
I decided to start simple and go with a simple lunch option. I whipped up these vegetarian quinoa burrito bowls (based kind of off my 5-ingredient Mexican Quinoa), which ended up taking me less than 20 minutes!
And it resulted in 5 days worth of healthy, protein-rich meals that tasted great, kept me satisfied, and saved well in the fridge.
What I Love About These Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- They are filling but still light.
- It only takes 20 minutes to make five days worth of lunches or dinner
- You can customize your toppings each day
- They have 14 grams of plant-based protein!
How to Make This Vegan Meal Prep Lunch
The base is a super simple quinoa salad that I've made hundreds of times; we start with cooked quinoa, add black beans, corn (fresh or frozen), chopped cilantro, spices, and lime juice. Lime juice is essential.
Then you stir that all together and serve it up! You can serve it warm or cold, but since we're making it as a meal prep recipe, I'd recommend doing this as a cold salad. If you'd like to eat your burrito bowl warmed-up, store your quinoa mixture separately from the greens and combine them after you have warmed the bowl.
The additions to my bowl are chopped romaine lettuce, a dollop of salsa, some sliced avocado, and a sprinkle more of cilantro.
Try our 7 Day Vegan Meal Plan
Do you currently meal prep? If so, what are some of your favorite recipes? If you're looking for a bit more meal prep inspiration, check out my 7-Day Vegan Meal Plan! Whether you are new to eating healthy and meal prepping or in a rut and looking for some new inspiration, I have got you covered! This clean eating program has everything you need to start meal prepping healthy and delicious meals that will keep you fueled every day. Check it out here!
More Meal Prep Recipes To Try:
- Meal Prep Quinoa Bowls with Spring Vegetables
- Fall Harvest Mason Jar Quinoa Salad
- Meal Prep Chipotle Tofu Quinoa Bowls
- Meal Prep Sesame Tofu Quinoa Bowls
- Buffalo Tofu Mason Jar Salads
- Meal Prep Balsamic Tempeh & Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Bowls
Meal-Prep Vegetarian Quinoa Burrito Bowls
- Prepare the quinoa salad by combining the quinoa, beans, corn, cilantro, spices and lime juice in a large bowl. Stir together until combined.
- Using 5 glass containers, add two cups of romaine, 1 1/2 cups of quinoa mixture, 1 - 2 tablespoons of salsa and 1/2 an avocado.*
- Garnish with lime wedges and a sprinkle more cilantro if desired. Seal containers and place in fridge for up to 5 days.