Mediterranean Quinoa Hummus Bowls
Author - Alyssa Rimmer
These Mediterranean hummus bowls combine quinoa, grilled eggplant, and roasted chickpeas to become a healthy and satisfying vegetarian meal.
In the last few months, I have found a whole new obsession with hummus. I’m not kidding…I’m eating it with everything!
Whether I’m spreading it on a rice cake or enjoying it with some carrot sticks for a quick snack, adding it to my lunchtime wraps, or even whisking it into my salad dressing, hummus has quickly become a staple in my fridge.
And what’s even better, there are SO many flavor options to choose from! So no matter what you’re craving, there’s bound to be a hummus option to suit your needs.
And I have to admit, no one does it better than Sabra. They have thirteen hummus flavors – yes 1-3!! – and you can find them in almost any grocery store across the country. Not to mention they have these awesome single-serving containers, so you can take it with you wherever you go. (as in…no more excuses for not having a healthy food option with you always)
Today, I'm partnering with the folks at Sabra to not only bring you a delicious, hummus-filled quinoa dish but to also celebrate National Hummus Day! Yep, you read that right my friends: there’s an entire day dedicated to hummus. How awesome is that?! Sabra is even going to be giving away coupons and fun prizes to celebrate – stay tuned as I'll be sharing details on my social channels 🙂
Oh and I'm also going to visiting the Sabra factory in a few weeks (!!), so stay tuned for a post all about our trip!
For my National Hummus Day recipe, I could think of no better recipe to make: a quinoa hummus bowl.
I mean in case you can’t tell from the archives, quinoa bowls just so happen to be one of my favorite meals of all time. They’re quick, easy and totally customizable to whatever ingredients you have on hand.
This go around, I was craving something filling, but with an international spin. While I was shopping for groceries I saw the most spectacular striped eggplant. I just had to have them. From there, my mind immediately went towards Mediterranean cuisine – hummus + eggplant are the perfect combinations.
Along with that, I also added some quinoa, chopped cherry tomatoes, crispy roasted chickpeas (<– omg SOO good) and a small arugula salad with a tahini, lemon and caper vinaigrette.
Then you just arrange everything in a bowl and dig in. I swear, it might be the easiest meal, but it’s also one of the tastiest. I’ve made it so many times already and love it – especially for a healthy lunch or light dinner. Oh and if you can do dairy, it would also be wonderful with some crumbled feta on top!
Share this recipe!
More Delicious ways to try Hummus:
- 4 Summery Ways to Make Hummus Breakfast Toast
- The Ultimate Summer Hummus Board
- 30-Minute Roasted Broccoli Chowder
- Collard Wraps with Quinoa & Veggies
- 10-Minute Mediterranean Tostadas
Mediterranean Quinoa Hummus Bowls
For the hummus bowls:
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 cups arugula salad
- 1/2 cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- Oil for cooking
- Salt + pepper to taste
For the spicy roasted chickpeas*
- Begin with the chickpeas: preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toss the chickpeas with coconut oil and spices, then transfer to a baking sheet. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes until chickpeas are golden brown and crispy, stirring around a few times throughout the cooking. Let cool and prepare remaining ingredients.
- Slice eggplant into 1/2" rounds. Brush with olive oil then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill over medium heat until seared on both sides, 2 - 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and prepare the salad.
- Whisk together tahini, lemon, water, tamari and capers. Pour over arugula and toss to combine.
- Prepare two bowls, evenly distributing the arugula salad, chickpeas and remaining ingredients (including chickpeas).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!
This post was sponsored by Sabra, but all opinions are my own. I only share brands that I am passionate about, so thank you so much for supporting them! Learn more about Sabra on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
share what you make
tag @simplyquinoa on Instagram with your creations!
we love sharing what you make with the community!