This is the easiest roasted zucchini recipe for the most delicious vegetarian side dish. The perfect way to enjoy extra zucchini all summer long, that happens to be vegan, gluten-free, and five ingredients.
It can be hard to get zucchini to absorb flavors and not be soggy. But this method for crisp garlicky roasted zucchini does just that. It's the perfect last-minute side dish that uses staple ingredients.
Enjoy it alongside grilled protein, burgers, and more all summer long.
Ingredients for Roasted Zucchini
You don't need much to make this flavor-packed recipe. Here are the five ingredients:
- Zucchini. You don't need to peel zucchini. In fact, the peels are full of nutrients, so leave them on!
- Olive oil. IF you prefer a different cooking oil, go ahead and use it. I love the flavor of olive oil in this recipe.
- Sea salt and black pepper to bring out the naturally sweet flavor in zucchini.
- Garlic powder. You could also use fresh minced garlic if you prefer.
How to Roast Zucchini
Here's how to make roasted zucchini that's crispy and flavorful, not soggy:
Cut the zucchini. Start by slicing your zucchini into thin half-moons. This shape opens up a lot of surface area for seasoning.
Season. Next, season the sliced zucchini with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss them well to coat on all sides.
Bake. Finally, transfer the seasoned zucchini slices to a baking sheet and roast until they're crispy and golden. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Roasted Zucchini
This simple side dish goes with nearly anything! here are some of my favorite summery recipes to serve with roasted zucchini:
Store leftover zucchini in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. Reheat servings in the microwave or in a skillet on the stove to serve.
More Vegan Side Dishes
- How to Make the Best Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
If you make this easy roasted zucchini recipe, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
Easy Roasted Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4″ rounds. Either leave them as rounds or chop into halves or quarters (your choice!).
- Place the zucchini on a plate and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Once the zucchini has sat, they will have released some of their water content. Use a paper towel to pat them dry.
- Transfer the zucchini into a bowl and toss with the olive oil and remaining spices.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet (ideally lined with parchment), and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!