This easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta features fresh tomatoes and spinach with your favorite pasta shape for a fast and easy vegan dinner recipe. It's an easy one pot dinner idea that's healthy, quick to make and full of flavor. This will quickly become a go-to for you and your family!
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
There's nothing like an easy pasta recipe to make dinner time laid-back and delicious.
This easy pesto pasta has been one of my go-to dishes all year long! It's refreshing for the summer but also comforting in the winter, thanks to all the umami in the sun-dried tomato pesto.
Why You're Going to Love this Recipe:
- full of flavor
- sneaks in some greens
- naturally vegan & dairy-free
- easy to make gluten-free by using GF pasta
- great for add-ins like grilled chicken or white beans
Plus…PESTO! Who doesn't love pesto?!
How to Make Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
This fast and easy sun dried tomato pesto pasta recipe takes just 20 minutes to make and a few simple ingredients.
You can make this recipe gluten-free by using your favorite gluten-free pasta. It's already naturally dairy-free, egg-free and plant-based.
Ingredients You'll Need
- Pasta. You can use any kind of pasta you like, I love brown rice farfalle.
- Spinach. This adds extra greens and brightens up the dish. You can also use kale or another leafy green if you like.
- Cherry tomatoes. For pops of sweet, juicy flavor.
- Sun dried tomato pesto. Here's my recipe for ultra-savory sun-dried tomato pesto. It's vegan!
- Sun dried tomatoes. For added texture and umami – make sure to use oil-packed as they just have a better texture!
- Lemon juice. To add some citrusy brightness.
Topping & Serving Suggestions
I like to serve this pasta with extra fresh basil, grated parmesan and red pepper flakes on top.
To keep it vegan, use a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.
If you want to add protein to your pasta, here are some tasty additions for vegans and meat eaters:
Can I Make Pesto Pasta for Meal Prep?
Certainly! This is a great make-ahead recipe.
You can store the pesto pasta in airtight containers in the fridge for up to four days.
Just reheat it in the microwave when you're ready to dig in!
More Easy Pasta Recipes to Try!
- Creamy Hummus Pasta Salad
- Baked Vegan Pumpkin Pasta with Spinach
- One Pot Creamy Lemon Broccoli Pasta
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 1 lb pasta (any variety, but I used farfalle)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes , chopped
- Pasta water as needed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Grated parmesan/nutritional yeast to garnish
- Red pepper flakes to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- With 30 seconds left in the cooking process, add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Drain the pasta (and spinach) and transfer it back into the pot.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, pesto and sun dried tomatoes. Stir to combine and add a splash of pasta water as needed. Stir in lemon juice, taste and add salt or pepper as desired.
- Divide evenly between four bowls. Garnish with fresh basil, grated parmesan and pepper flakes if desired!