This is the best Grilled Tofu recipe with an easy and spicy balsamic glaze for summer grilling. Serve this high-protein entree with your favorite grilled veggies!
Tofu is such a versatile protein option. Sure, there may be people out there who think tofu isn't for them. But this savory, sweet and spicy balsamic grilled tofu recipe is about to change their minds.
When you grill tofu, it becomes deliciously smoky, dense and meaty. So next time you're at a BBQ or cookout, be ready to wow non-vegans with a show-stopping vegan entree. And once you're hooked on how great tofu can be, treat yourself to your new favorite protein with these 45+ Best Delicious Tofu Recipes!
How to Make the Best Grilled Tofu
The key to making grilled tofu with the best texture and flavor is to let it marinate in a delicious marinade.
My balsamic marinade is ideal for infusing your tofu with sweet and spicy flavor. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes for great flavor. Of course, you can marinate the tofu up to overnight for even more flavor.
What Kind of Tofu is Best for Grilling?
If you want your balsamic tofu to be dense and meaty, start with extra-firm tofu. This version is already higher in protein, with a denser texture and less water than other versions (light, firm or silken tofu, for example).
You can store leftover tofu in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
This is a great summertime meal prep recipe! You can make a big batch of marinated and grilled tofu steaks and package them up with grilled veggies and grains for a well-rounded lunch to go.
What to Serve with Tofu Steaks?
Planning a cookout for meat-eaters and vegetarians alike? Here are some other recipes to add to your menu to please all taste buds:
- Grilled Vegetable Salad for Summer
- Grilled Corn Quinoa Salad
- Best Firecracker Salmon Recipe
- Vegetarian Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
Balsamic Grilled Tofu
- 1 (16 oz) block extra firm tofu
- 1 batch Easy Balsamic Marinade
- Begin by pressing the tofu.* Place the tofu on a paper towel-lined plate and cover with another piece of paper towel (or clean dish towel). Place something heavy on top (books, tea kettle, cast iron pan, etc.) and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain any water from the tofu and cut into eight 1/2" slices.
- Place in a baking dish and pour over the marinade. Place in the fridge for at leat 15 - 30 minutes.
- While the tofu is marinating, heat the grill to medium.
- Once hot, place the tofu directly onto the grill. Grill for 3 minutes per side and flip with a metal spatula for best results.
- Serve immediately with your favorite choice of veggies, salad, etc!
More Tofu Recipes
- Tofu Scramble Recipe
- 30-Minute Tofu Pad Thai
- Broccoli Tofu Stir Fry
- Barbecue Grilled Pineapple & Tofu Kebabs
If you make this healthy Balsamic Grilled Tofu recipe, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!