These are the 27 best Healthy Quinoa Recipes for Fall, including high-protein breakfasts, salads, vegan and vegetarian dinners, and gluten-free baking recipes.
Happy Fall, my friends!
For cooking at home, especially with quinoa, fall is my favorite time of year. The seasonal produce (hello, pumpkin, squash, and brussels) and the warming spices pair perfectly with quinoa's nuttiness.
Below are the 27 best healthy quinoa recipes for fall. From warming breakfast recipes to slow cooker soups and stews, this list features the best produce of the season. Enjoy!
Healthy Pumpkin Recipes for Fall
- Healthy Pumpkin Quinoa Granola is my go-to fall granola recipe with sweet pumpkin flavor.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Quinoa Chili cooks all day and makes your home smell as cozy as possible.
- Skinny Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins are healthy and high-fiber for a sharable baked treat.
- Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Overnight Oats are ultra-creamy and taste like a slice of pumpkin pie for breakfast.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies are soft, chewy and my favorite dessert for fall.
Butternut Squash Recipes for Fall
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Risotto is a wonderfully fall-spiced alternative to regular risotto.
- Caramelized Butternut Squash Quinoa Breakfast Bowls are one of my favorite ways to start a chilly fall morning.
- Quinoa Breakfast Tacos with Kale + Butternut Squash are savory and hearty enough for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Spiralized Butternut Squash Bowls with Harissa Chickpeas + Quinoa has a touch of spice from North African harissa.
- Tuscan Kale & White Bean Stew is a hearty vegetarian stew loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
- Fall Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash and Apples is a savory and sweet salad perfect for your apple picking haul.
Acorn Squash Recipes
- Mushroom & Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash is a great Thanksgiving entree for vegetarians or vegans at your party.
- Chipotle Chicken & Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash is a high-protein and veggie-packed meal.
- Creamy Fall Soup in Acorn Squash Bowls from Minimalist Baker is ultra comforting with a thick and spoonable texture you'll love.
Amazing Fall Sweet Potato Recipes
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Mediterranean Quinoa have a refreshing flavor from Mediterranean spices.
- Crockpot Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quinoa Chili simmers all day long for a comforting vegan chili.
- 5-Ingredient Sweet Potato Quinoa Fritters are crispy on the outside and soft and sweet in the center.
- Chili Roasted Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Salad has a kick from chili powder and protein from black beans.
Healthy Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- The Best Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad is a refreshing fall recipe with raw Brussels and lemony dressing.
- Roasted Brussels Sprout Quinoa Salad is loaded with plant-based protein and crispy brussels sprouts.
- Red Quinoa Salad with Roasted Squash & Brussel Sprouts is one of the best fall vegetarian recipes for lunch or dinner.
- Kale + Shredded Brussels Sprout Quinoa Salad has crispy, raw and roasted flavors and textures to love.
Fall Kale Recipes
- Loaded Winter Kale Salad with a Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette is a hearty and satisfying salad for fall or winter.
- Creamy Superfood Kale & Lentil Quinoa Salad has a decadent and silky smooth dressing you'll want to put on everything.
- Sweet Potato, Kale + Quinoa Spring Rolls are a tasty hand-held meal with sweet and savory flavor.
- Kale Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate has pops of bright sweet flavor from pomegranate seeds.
- Cheezy Kale & Quinoa Crackers are a crispy appetizer full of extra greens!
15 comments on “27 Healthy Quinoa Recipes for Fall”
What a positively mouthwatering list. All those gorgeous quinoa recipes in one page. Gotta try them all.
Hope that you do! 🙂
Thank you smooch for sharing my recipe, Alyssa! And putting it first LOL. Just kidding. I will share on my FB page today. Beautiful healthy Fall roundup.
Well thank YOU for making such amazing recipes 🙂 I’ve been following you on Pinterest for quite some time and love everything that you make! And thanks for sharing on your FB page – really appreciate it! xo
Awe, thank you. Made my day. Not every day is full of confidence day in a life of a food blogger.:) I will try to share and pin more of your recipes!
I totally hear you! From the outside food blogging looks so easy, but there are definitely times when it’s challenging and my confidence dwindles too. You’re so sweet to share more of my recipes – I’ll continue to do the same for you. Have a great day!! 🙂
I love trying new quinoa recipes as I cook quinoa every week! Thank you so much for including my recipe!
Woo hoo! Love hearing this. Quinoa is a staple in my kitchen of course, but it makes me so happy when I hear that it’s a staple for others as well. Thanks so much for sharing your yummy recipes – I always pin your stuff 🙂 xo
I love finding new and delicious ways to use quinoa! I’m loving all these fall recipes and wishing I could taste each of them! Thanks so much for including my fall quinoa salad 🙂
So fun! Thanks for creating such a wonderful recipe 🙂 xo
Thanks so much for including ,my quinoa black bean pumpkin soup in the round up! Love all the recipes here and it’s literally breaking my heart that I’m currently house sitting in Costa Rica and cannot find pumpkin in the stores! Otherwise I would be getting started on ALL these recipe this instant! Shared and pinned!
Thanks so much!! Where are you staying in Costa Rica!? That’s one of my favorite countries – I’ve been there 4 times and just went back this past July. I absolutely love it! Hope you’re having fun 🙂 (and I would totally take Costa Rica over pumpkin!)
House sitting for 2 months in Ojochal on the south pacific coast like 2 hrs south of Manuel Antonio. Would love to hear about your favorite spots that you went to in Costa Rica. We haven’t done much traveling around (outside of visiting Coco and Jaco on our way down from Nicaragua) but both my boyfriend’s family and my family are coming to visit so I’m trying to plan out where to spent our time! So definitely let me know where you have been!! : ))
We’ve been all over! One of our favorite spots was Puerto Viejo south of you near the Panamanian border. It’s a little on the young/hip side, but it’s still fun. There’s also the Osa Peninsula which is incredible – on the Pacific side as well. If you head over to the Nicoya Peninsula, you can stop in Tamarindo (which is kind of touristy) or Santa Teresa (which is really fun, big surfer/yoga community). Of course, you can’t not see Monteverde (the cloud forest) and Arenal (the volcano). Here’s a post a did about our vacation 🙂 https://www.simplyquinoa.com/gallo-pinto-with-quinoa/
Awesome! Thanks for sharing – just went through your other post and saw all the pics! We are house sitting right by the oso peninsula and are definitely going to visit Monteverde and Arenal but don’t think we have the time to make it to Tamarindo or Santa Teresa. Still thinking about Puerto Viejo — definitely want to see the Sloth Sanctuary!