This Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Cilantro and Lime is a healthy, high-protein and high-fiber vegan side dish with just five ingredients, including salt!
If you didn't already know that quinoa is packed with protein, fiber and all of the essential amino acids, then get to know my favorite grain with my Quinoa 101 post.
But that's not all this healthy ancient grain has to offer. It's also naturally nutty and fluffy and absorbs flavors beautifully. That's why I had to include it in this new recipe for black bean salad. Instead of loading the bean salad up with, well, more beans, I decided to add a different vegan protein source: quinoa, of course.
The result is a super quick and easy side dish that's make-ahead and meal-prep friendly. It's full of zesty lime and cilantro flavor and makes a great summer dish.
How to Make Quinoa Black Bean Salad
Get ready for a very short ingredient list. This salad is just five ingredients and comes together in five minutes (if you have cooked quinoa on hand).
Here's what you need to make this salad:
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh cilantro. If you're someone who hates the taste of cilantro, you can also make this with parsley or basil!
- Black beans. Feel free to substitute with pinto or red beans if you prefer.
- Chili sea salt. If you can't find chili salt, you can use regular sea salt and a pinch of chili powder or cayenne pepper for heat.
Make-Ahead Quinoa-Bean Salad
This salad is so easy to make AND it stores well. In fact, the salad gets even more flavorful if you let it sit overnight in the fridge. The quinoa grains absorb the lime juice and chili salt.
This salad will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to five days. It also travels well if you're looking for a vegetarian side dish to bring to a party or picnic.
How do you serve quinoa and black bean salad? The list is pretty endless!
Of course, you can eat this salad all on its own (it's quite filling, thanks to all that fiber and protein in quinoa and black beans).
Or, dress it up to round out your meal:
- Toss a soft-boiled or fried egg on top for breakfast (it would even be good with Quick Pesto Eggs)
- Add Almond & Quinoa Crusted Chicken on the side
- Use it as the base for these Meal-Prep Vegetarian Burrito Bowls
- Or these Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Hummus
- Drizzle on a savory salad dressing and add some greens for lunch
- Make Cilantro Lime Black Bean Tacos with Quinoa
More Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipes To Try
- Saffron Middle Eastern Quinoa Salad
- Herbed Spring Quinoa Salad
- “Caprese” Quinoa Salad
- Cucumber, Tomato + Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Greek Salad with Chickpeas
If you make this Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Cilantro and Lime, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
Quinoa Black Bean Salad with Cilantro and Lime
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!