This recipe has lime, cilantro, quinoa, black beans, and just a little chili sea salt. Yep, that’s it! It really doesn't need anymore. It's got lots of fresh, bright flavor and it’s filled with plant-based proteins. It’s light, refreshing and fun.
So I totally got sick on Sunday and have been on the mend ever since. Ugh. Major, major ugh.
And it really ticks me off because I work so hard to keep my immune system in tip-top shape – loading my body with healing foods, taking daily supplements (including echinacea when I feel even the slightest tickle in my throat) and drinking my green juice and smoothies. Guess it was my body’s way of saying, “take a chill pill, Alyssa”.
Which is precisely what I did. I did some work from the couch, wore my PJs all day, watched food documentaries (<– nerd), made fresh juices and smoothies, diffused essential oils, snuggled with my pup and drank like a hundred gallons of tea. 5 days later, I’m feeling like myself again and ready to get back to blogging.
Today’s recipe (which I had planned to share on Tuesday…oops!) pretty much sums up everything I’ve been craving lately. It’s got lime, cilantro, quinoa, black beans, and just a little chili sea salt. Yep, that’s it! It really doesn't need anymore. It's got lots of fresh, bright flavor and it’s filled with plant-based proteins. It’s light, refreshing and fun – just as a spring quinoa salad should be.
AND this salad is also….
- Quick and easy, meaning less time spent in the kitchen and more time spent outside, soaking up the sunshine.
- Only 5 ingredients, most of which I bet you already have on hand. Don’t you just love meals like that?
- Simple to dress up or down and can be served as a side or a main. Pretty much it’s the most versatile salad ever. Like…plop a fried egg on top and call it breakfast. Or toss in some grilled chicken and salad and have yourself a burrito bowl. OR just serve it as is next to your fave veggie burger.
How many days until summer again? Don’t worry, we’ll be there before we know and in the meantime, we’ll keep enjoying summery quinoa salads!
More Healthy & Delicious Quinoa Salad Recipes to try:
- Saffron Middle Eastern Quinoa Salad
- Herbed Spring Quinoa Salad
- “Caprese” Quinoa Salad
- Cucumber, Tomato + Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Greek Salad with Chickpeas
Cilantro-Lime Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you make this recipe, make sure to snap a pic and share it on Instagram using #SIMPLYQUINOA – I want to see your own quinoa creations!