These are the best easy Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa and a spicy paprika rub. Try this fun tropical dinner for your next summer party and you'll surely impress.
It's no secret that I'm a taco lover. From simple vegan classics like Cilantro Lime Black Bean Tacos with Quinoa to BBQ Chicken Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa, it seems like there's a taco recipe for every occasion and palate.
And these zesty salmon tacos are my new favorite. The salmon is coated in a deeply flavorful spice rub and each taco is topped with my sweet and spicy homemade mango salsa. The combination is a total crowd-pleaser, so I hope you'll share it with friends and family at your next taco night.
How to Make the Best Salmon Tacos
I like to use salmon fillets for my tacos, as they're pre-portioned and easy to season and cook. Here's what else you need to know about making these easy fish tacos:
- You can marinate the salmon for up to four hours for deeper flavor.
- Bake the salmon until the flesh is flaky and firm. Fish is overcooked if you see the white albumin showing on the sides of the fillets. For best results, check the salmon often during baking.
- You can use corn or flour tortillas for your tacos. For gluten-free, use corn.
The ingredients for your salmon tacos are straightforward:
- Salmon filets. Look for filets that are the same thickness. This way, they'll cook evenly.
- Olive oil. This helps the spice rub infuse into the flaky flesh of the fish better.
- Chili powder. For just a kick of spice. If you're not a fan of spice, you can omit the chili powder or just use more paprika.
- Smoked paprika. This isn't an especially hot spice, but it does pack a punch of Spanish-style flavor into your tacos.
- Hot pepper flakes or cayenne. Feel free to use more or less depending on your preference for spice.
Topping Ideas for Fish Tacos
You can use any of your favorite taco toppings for these salmon tacos. I strongly recommend my Super Easy Spicy Mango Salsa.
Here are some other favorite ways to top salmon tacos:
- Diced avocado
- Homemade guacamole
- Shredded cabbage
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
- Grilled Corn and Avocado Salsa
- Grilled Peach Salsa
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
More Summer Recipes to Try
If you make these Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa, be sure to let me know what you think with a comment below!
Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
for the salmon:
- 8 tortillas
- thinly sliced red cabbage
- diced avocado
- 1 batch mango salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the salmon filets in a baking pan. Whisk together the olive oil, spices and salt into a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the salmon. Set aside until the oven is ready.
- When the oven is ready, pop the salmon into the oven and bake for 15 - 18 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, make the salsa.
- When the salmon is done cooking, remove it from the oven and set aside. Warm the tortillas and place them onto four plates.
- Flake the salmon with a fork and add half of each filet onto each tortilla shell. Top with cabbage, mango salsa, avocado and cilantro.