This simple ginger miso quinoa recipe is made with just 5 ingredients and is awesome for meal prep. It also makes a delicious side dish for your next Asian-inspired feast!
You would think after writing about quinoa recipes for nearly 6 years I would get bored with the stuff, right? But actually I still totally love and always find myself coming up with new and creative ways to use it.
One of the things I love about quinoa, and I've talked about it a lot before, is its versatility. While you likely see it most in salads, and I use it a lot in soups and stews, I actually love serving quinoa as a simple side dish.
Since it doesn't have an overpowering flavor, it's easy to jazz up and really can serve it with everything. Today's recipe for Ginger Miso Quinoa is a perfect example. Simple, fast, nutritious and so delicious!
I'm bringing you another 5-ingredient recipe because you guys seriously love them!
And I totally get it…I'm much more likely to make something if it's easy and doesn't require a ton of crazy ingredients. So today we're keeping things simple and cooking up a flavorful quinoa side dish that pairs nicely with most Asian-inspired dishes!
Like I said, this recipe uses only 5 ingredients: cooked quinoa, miso, tamari, ginger and coconut oil.
We're preparing it very similarly to our Lemon Turmeric Quinoa, by first cooking the quinoa until it's nice and fluffy and then stirring in the rest of our ingredients to amp up the flavor.
In terms of serving this Ginger Miso Quinoa, I think it would be an awesome thing to meal prep and use with a variety of recipes throughout the week. It's delicious with some Red Lentil Dal, coconut curry, stir-fried/roasted vegetables and can even be stirred into a salad for added protein and flavor!
More Quinoa Recipes To Try:
- Saffron Middle Eastern Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Greek Salad with Chickpeas
- 10 Minute Vegetable Quinoa “Fried Rice”
- 5-Ingredient Spanish Quinoa
- Buffalo Cauliflower Quinoa Mac + Cheese
- 5-Ingredient Kimchi Fried Quinoa
Ginger Miso Quinoa
- Cook quinoa until light and fluffy, about 10 – 15 minutes. (I use this method)
- Allow the quinoa to cool until it’s warm to the touch, then stir in the remaining ingredients, starting with just 1 teaspoon of ginger and increasing from there. Taste and add some salt (or pepper) if desired.
- If using immediately, stir in add-ins and serve with your favorite dish!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.