This superfood kale salad is topped with roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas and tossed in a creamy Thai almond butter dressing. It's high in fiber, high in protein, and so tasty!
Time for some salad! A superfood salad with ALL the fixins, of course!
Since I posted about my 6 staple salad dressing recipes (all of which happen to be vegan), I've been wanting to create some new recipes for you to use those dressings. By now I'm sure you know the thousands of way I use tahini in my everyday life, and that spicy lemon olive oil is on an every other day rotation (at least) in our house. But the almond butter? That one is a bit more tricky.
So here's what we're gonna do:
We're gonna make an epic kale salad and load it up. Crunchy purple cabbage, sweet red bell peppers, tender roasted sweet potatoes, fiber-rich chickpeas, and an extra bite from green onions. Topped with some salty peanuts and all tossed with our spicy (and creamy) Thai almond butter sauce.
You could say it's salad perfection and I wouldn't argue!
I've found one of the keys to making a loaded kale salad is to actually let the salad sit for a bit. Even overnight if you can.
Since kale is a somewhat tough veggie, and it takes a bit to break down the cell walls, letting your salad marinate will make it easier to eat, easier to digest and more flavorful. Winning all around, I'd say!
I've also realized something about myself through all these salad trials: I L-O-V-E a salad that is piled high with goodies. The more add-ins the better!
Sweet potatoes are a must, especially when they're soft, roasted and golden brown.
And something creamy…forever ♡
This salad has it all and I know you're going to love it!
High in fiber, high in protein, filled with healthy fats and packed with superfoods. It's filling, hearty, comforting, cozy and makes you feel amazing!
More Superfood Recipes To Try:
- Kale & Lentil Quinoa Salad
- Chocolate Quinoa Pancakes
- Mango Matcha Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Quinoa Bars
- Caffeine-Free Maca Latte
- Chocolate Brownie Energy Bites
- Vegan Nutella
Thai Superfood Kale Salad with Sweet Potatoes & Chickpeas
for the sweet potato
- 3 cups diced sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
for the salad
- 1 bunch lacinato kale finely sliced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 bell pepper finely sliced
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 batch spicy thai almond butter dressing
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Toss sweet potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, add all the veggies into a large bowl. Top with sweet potatoes and almond butter dressing and toss to combine. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Serve in bowls, top with peanuts and enjoy!
New to cooking quinoa? Grab your FREE Quinoa Starter Guide!
Become part of the Simply Quinoa community and receive weekly emails with exclusive content that I only share in email, as well as my in-depth guide to starting your quinoa journey.