This week was filled with delicious treats and it seems that quinoa crispies have taken us by storm. On Wednesday, I shared my latest quinoa creation, these Healthy “Reese's” Quinoa Crispy Treats and you all went wild. Wild for the flavors (I mean who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate together!?) and wild for quinoa crispies.
But everyone is wondering…what are they? Basically, quinoa crispies are rice crispies but made out of quinoa. Sadly, they can't be made at home, at least with the same crispy results. Yes, you can “pop” quinoa at home, but these delectable treats just wouldn't be the same airy desserts using that method. So my friends, I encourage you to check out Edison Grainery, because they're the ones that shared these amazing gems with me!
Highlights from the last TGIQ
- My Favorite: Gluten-Free Quinoa & Beet Pancakes by Charul from As Per Taste
- Reader Favorite: Quinoa Quick Bread by Mayra from Part Time Health Nut
Linking Up Guidelines:
- Please link to your individual post, not your homepage. We want everyone to be able to find the recipes!
- Include a link back to TGIQ somewhere in your blog post. Recipes that do not include a link back will not be eligible for next week’s highlights.
- Recipes must contain quinoa in some way. I encourage creativity – any way that you use quinoa (from whole quinoa to quinoa flakes to quinoa flour, etc.), it’s welcome! The hope is to inspire other people to use quinoa in new and different ways. We welcome any type of quinoa recipe you have!
- Recipes do NOT have to be gluten-free – or allergy friendly – they just have to use quinoa in some way.
- When you add a link, leave a comment below the post. Tell us what you’re linking, why this recipe is so awesome, really anything you want to share!
My entry this week is another delicious quinoa treat. These sumptuous Quinoa Coconut Macaroons are not only easy to make, but are also very healthy!
So, you're up! What quinoa creations do you have to share this week? Thanks for stopping by TGIQ and sharing your quinoa recipes with us!