This healthy chocolate strawberry smoothie is the ultimate breakfast treat. Tastes like dessert but is packed with nutritious ingredients.
You might be thinking that a ginormous chocolate smoothie as luscious as this would cost you a full day's worth of calories or would be incredibly unhealthy, but would I ever do that to you? No way ????
I care too much about your healthy eating to do that!
So instead, I'm giving you a ginormous chocolate strawberry smoothie that tastes out of this world delicious, but is totally nutritious! We're talking protein-packed, high in fiber, low in sugar, and still…it tastes like dessert! If you're a chocolate lover like me, this smoothie is definitely going into your morning rotation!
How to Make a Healthy Smoothie
Smoothies are one of my favorite things in the world. I think they're an awesome way to get in a TON of nutrients, while also having something that's easy to make and totally portable.
When I'm making a healthy smoothie, I try to focus on a few key things:
- low sugar fruits: mostly berries for me!
- fibrous veggies: I like cauliflower, zucchini, and greens
- protein: either protein powder, nut butter or hemp seeds
- healthy fat: avocado, nut butter, hemp seeds, etc.
If I check all four boxes, I know I've created something healthy, nutritious and fabulous!
Healthy Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie Ingredients
This chocolate strawberry smoothie is jam-packed with superfoods.
We start with coconut water which is full of electrolytes. A little zucchini for extra hydration and creaminess. Frozen strawberries for sweetness and antioxidants. Unsweetened cocoa powder which has even more antioxidants. Hemp seeds for added protein. And a splash of vanilla extract for that extra flavor kick it needs.
And it tastes just like a chocolate-covered strawberry. I'd say the perfect, guilt-free morning treat.
More Vegan Smoothie Recipes to try:
- Cucumber Pear Smoothie
- Refreshing Raspberry Smoothie
- Ultimate Post Workout Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie
- Hidden Veggie Pineapple Green Smoothie
- Green Apple Smoothie
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and process until smooth.
- Top with some chocolate chips for something a little extra special.
- Slurp and enjoy!