A 5-ingredient mixed berry crumble that uses fresh or frozen berries, is vegan, gluten-free, and SO easy to make. You'll never guess the crumble topping!
Whenever summer hits, my dessert cravings go from dark chocolate decadence to light and fruity. My all-time favorite dessert is a fruit crisp! My healthy peach crisp was a stand out last year, but today's mixed berry crumble might take that top slot!
It's simple to make, it's packed with three types of berries, it uses just 5 simple ingredients and it can be made all year round!
This one is also amazing because it's healthy enough for breakfast. We like to have it for dessert one night and eat the leftovers the next day. So so good!
Mixed Berry Crumble with 5 ingredients!
For me, the key to a classic crisp is two things: saucy fruit and crispy topping. I'm taking some shortcuts with this recipe which makes it a bit healthier, but also even better!
As I said we're using just 5 simple ingredients:
- frozen mixed berries: which means you can make it all year long
- quinoa flour: to help thicken the berry juices a touch
- maple syrup: to cut down on the slight tang of the berries
- lemon juice: to brighten everything up
- granola: for our crunchy topping
And that's it!
How to Make This Easy Berry Crumble
This crumble will – no joke – take you about 5 minutes to make. You'll start by mixing up your berries with your flour, syrup and lemon juice. Then just spread them into a baking dish (I love this white one) or some little ramekins.
Final step: put on your granola and bake away!
You'll know it's done once the berries are bubbling and the granola is golden brown. It takes no more than 30 – 40 minutes!
Why You'll Love this Recipe
There's seriously so much to love about this recipe! If you're into berries, you're going to love this! And whether you have fresh berries, or frozen, it doesn't matter. It has an amazing flavor and couldn't be easier.
This berry crumble is also…
- really light so you don't feel overly full afterward
- not too sweet
- easy to make for a crowd
- refined sugar-free
I can honestly say, this is the ULTIMATE summer dessert!
What to Serve with Berry Crumble
Whether you're craving this for breakfast or dessert, there are so many fun ways to top it!
For dessert: I'd do a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream, a pinch more granola and some fresh berries on top.
For breakfast: I'd do a dollop of vegan yogurt, a drizzle of almond butter, a splash of almond milk and some cacao nibs
But honestly, you can't go wrong eating it just plain too! I know you're going to absolutely adore this recipe and can't wait to see you recreations. Don't forget, if you do make it, come back to this post, leave a star rating and let us know what you think in the comments! Happy summer ❤️
More Berry Desserts for Summer to try
- Balsamic Strawberry & Rhubarb Crisp
- Banana Blueberry Crumble
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Baked Donuts
- No Bake Frozen Berry Tarts
- Healthy Blueberry Banana Bread
5-ingredient Mixed Berry Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix berries, quinoa flour and syrup until coated. Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Transfer the berry mixture into a baking dish or 4 ramekins. Top with granola. If using ramekins, do 1/4 cup on each.
- Bake on center rack for 30 - 40 minutes until berries are bubbling. If granola begins to brown too quickly, cover with tinfoil and continue baking.
- When done, remove from oven and let cool for three minutes. Serve and enjoy!