Craving pumpkin but not sure what to make? Check out this list of outrageously delicious and healthy pumpkin recipes! There's something for everyone here!
My favorite time of year is here! Fall ❤️ It's the best and I look forward to it all year long!
I love the cool, crisp mornings. The sweater, jeans and booties outfits. The soups and stews simmering on the stoves. And of course, the pumpkin. All things pumpkin!
To celebrate this magical time of year, today we're rounding up 18 of the absolute best, most delicious and healthy pumpkin recipes! There's sweet, there's savory and there's something for everyone! We're talking everything from pumpkin muffins, pumpkin & chocolate and even pumpkin pasta. Even if there's a pumpkin-hater in your life, I bet they'll be able to find something on this list.
Not seeing one of your faves? Let us know in the comments section and we'll try to find you a recipe!
Canned Pumpkin vs. Fresh Pumpkin
When it comes to using pumpkin in your recipes, you have two choices: canned or fresh. For me, the most convenient thing is canned, but I have found that the two are slightly different. So you might want to keep that in mind when you're cooking/baking!
- Canned: richer in color/darker and thicker – it will
- Fresh: you roast the pumpkin and then puree it, so it's typically a bit thinner and more watery. You might want to adjust your quantities of dry ingredients to compensate!
But for the most part, these two are interchangeable and can be used in any of the recipes you see here.
Types of Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
There are so many fun ways to use pumkpin – we have over 40 recipes here on the site alone – but I wanted to organize them into categories for you. So here are the types of recipes you'll find below:
- Oatmeal + granola
- Additional Breakfast Recipes
- Lattes + Smoothies
So…you can see what I mean when I say there are a ton of ways to use pumpkin, right?!
Pumpin Bread Recipes
I've got to start this list of healthy pumpkin recipes with my favorite: pumpkin bread! I've shared a bunch of pumpkin bread recipes on my site, but I also pulled some from others that I found. In my mind, there's nothing better than a slice of warm pumpkin bread!
- Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- Quinoa + Almond Flour Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Low Sugar Pumpkin Bread from Eating Bird Food (not GF)
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread from Well Plated
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Streusel from Eat with Clarity
- Coconut Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread from Ambitious Kitchen
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Along the same line as pumpkin bread, I also love pumpkin muffins! Many times you can actually use the same batter for muffins and bread, but I've picked some healthy pumpkin muffin recipes that are unique and delicious!
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Skinny Pumpkin Quinoa Muffins
- Mini Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Super Healthy Pumpkin Muffins from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins from The Banana Diaries
Pumpkin Oatmeal + Granola
Pumpkin is a great addition to oatmeal and granola and is probably the way I use it most frequently at home. I love a good bowl of pumpkin oatmeal! And pumpkin granola is in constant rotation in my house all year long.
- Vegan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Pumpkin Granola
- 90-second Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Quinoa
- Creamy Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Quinoa
- Pumpkin Maple Pecan Granola from Minimalist Baker
More Healthy Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
In addition to those three categories – which fall in the breakfast category to me – here are some more healthy pumpkin recipes that are geared towards breakfast!
- Healthy & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Cornbread French Toast
- Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Donuts
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes from Fit Foodie Finds
- Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Waffles from Inspiralized
Pumpkin Lattes + Smoothies
Anyone obsessed with a good PSL? (pumpkin spice latte if you're not sure the acronym 😉) While not all of these contain actual pumpkin, I've put them on the list because they're pumpkin-inspired and everyone loves a good pumpkin spiced drink!
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte from Clean Foodie Cravings
- Pumpkin Spice Dalgona Coffee from Fit Foodie Finds
- Easy Pumpkin Spinach Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Smoothie
- Pumpkin Chai Smoothie from Real + Vibrant
Healthy Pumpkin Bars
Pumpkin is amazing for baking and it can be used to not only impart amazing flavor, but also help lighten things up. We've got a range of bars here – everything from pumpkin pie bars to oatmeal breakfast bars!
- Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars
- Flourless Pumpkin Tahini Blondies
- Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Breakfast Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Almond Butter Blondies
- No Bake Pumpkinie Bars from Eating Bird Food
Pumpkin Cookie Recipes
You can't go wrong with pumpkin cookies either! Whether you're craving something soft and pillowy, maybe something peanut butter-y, or even just an old fashioned oatmeal cookie, we've got some for you here!
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Tahini Cookies from Veggiekins
- Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies from Mile High Mitts
More Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin is most classically known for desserts, so for those recipes that don't fall in our bar/cookie categories, we've put them here. We've got vegan pumpkin pie, truffles, ice cream, and more!
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie with Almond Flour Crust
- No-Bake Pumpkin Spice Truffles
- Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread
- Mini Paleo Pumpkin Pies
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream from Minimalist Baker
- 10-Minute Pumpkin Butter from Eating Bird Food
Pumpkin Soup Recipes
Now we're onto the savory part of our healthy pumpkin recipes list and we're kicking things off with soup. Pumpkin is an amazing addition to the soup – it helps make soups thick and creamy, while also bringing a really lovely subtle flavor.
- Creamy Chili Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Chickpea + Pumpkin Stew
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Quinoa Chili
- Yellow Chickpea Pumpkin Curry from Ambitious Kitchen
- Chipotle Pumpkin Chili from Plant Based RD
- Cozy Pumpkin Lentil Soup by Veggiekins
- Tofu Pumpkin Curry from Eating Bird Food
Pumpkin Pasta Recipes
And lastly, we have pasta! Pumpkin can be used in pasta sauces and it's absolutely delicious. We've got a few fun ways to use pumpkin in pasta, including mac and cheese, alfredo, lasagna, and more!
- Baked Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
- Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Noodles
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Gnocchi by Veggiekins
- Vegan Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce by Running on Real Food
- Vegan Pumpkin Lasagna Roll Ups by This Savory Vegan
What's Your Favorite Way to Use Pumpkin?
If you have a favorite pumpkin recipe that we haven't included here, let us know! We love sharing all things pumpkin – we've got 40+ pumpkin recipes on the site – and we're always looking for new inspiration!
⇣ PIN THIS FOR LATER ⇣